How to access and external database which I have created using remote server?

I have used (ssms) SQL server management studio to create a remote server(Local server)for integrating with external database . I was able to create a database connection using Service center but while accessing it in Integration Studio, im unable to find the schema and none of my databasess are present. I have attached the error below.

Hi Infanta,

If you are running your external database on a local server, and assuming you are running OutSystems hosted in the cloud, OutSystems can not find your 'localhost' as it is not accessible through the internet.

You said you were able to create the database connection in Service Center but did you also press the "Test connection" button, and was the result successful?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have created remote server using SSMS (MySQL server management studio), while I'm testing my connection , I'm getting this error "Connection String test failed: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. "

Hi Infanta,

1) Are you using OutSystems in the cloud?

2) Is your external database accessible in the cloud?

If both questions can be answered with yes, then either you have firewall issues or an incorrect connection string.

If your answer to question 2 is no, then that is the reason you cannot connect.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Infanta,

Just wondering did you solve your problem?

Regards,

Daniel