What is the users max numbers?

Hi

I have a personal environment license, as I read I have a limit of only 100 users is this number for all users accessing + viewing the application or is it for certain type of users?

Also can I create an entity with username and passwords outside the provided outsystem user database and exceed the limit?

Thanks

Hi,

Personal environment are not for production, why can't you reuse the user and why do you need more than 100 users?

Anyway you can create your own table but it won't work because you need the session, I don't think its worth to recreating all of those feature.

Regards.

Faris Abdullah Almozini wrote:

Hi

I have a personal environment license, as I read I have a limit of only 100 users is this number for all users accessing + viewing the application or is it for certain type of users?

Also can I create an entity with username and passwords outside the provided outsystem user database and exceed the limit?

Thanks

Hi Faris Abdullah Almozini

Yes in PE you have limit of 100 users but As Prasad said was right about noumber of users in OS.

If you dont want to user default User authentication means you want to use external or federated authentication in that case you can authenticate by external enterprise application but when after that you will have to create session in OS for that you will have to create User's in OS after authenticating from the external systems.

thanks.... 

Hello Faris. 

The number of users is relative to Active users. It means that you can't have more than 100 active users in the User entity. 

The limit in the number of users can't be 'workarounded'. So, even if you use your own user management entities and code (losing many platform features in the process), you still have to respect the maximum active users limitation on your license (100 for personal environments). 

Not respecting this is considered a licence violation and OutSystems can inactivate your environment. 

Cheers. 

Ok got it, thanks all for clarifying this for me.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Faris. 

The number of users is relative to Active users. It means that you can't have more than 100 active users in the User entity. 

The limit in the number of users can't be 'workarounded'. So, even if you use your own user management entities and code (losing many platform features in the process), you still have to respect the maximum active users limitation on your license (100 for personal environments). 

Not respecting this is considered a licence violation and OutSystems can inactivate your environment. 

Cheers. 

Waaaait, so the 100 is the number of users using the app currently? or the total number of users saved in the database whether they're using the app now or not?

Solution

Hi, 

It's active users in database. 

This means that you can have 1.000.000 users, but only 100 can be active at the same time. So, it's like saying that you can have a maximum of 100 concurrent users. 

But be aware that the personal environment is on a shared server and has very little resources. If the applications running on it start consuming too much resources, the environment may be shut down to avoid impacting other environments, I think. 

I already saw that happen, at least. 

Cheers 

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, 

It's active users in database. 

This means that you can have 1.000.000 users, but only 100 can be active at the same time. So, it's like saying that you can have a maximum of 100 concurrent users. 

But be aware that the personal environment is on a shared server and has very little resources. If the applications running on it start consuming too much resources, the environment may be shut down to avoid impacting other environments, I think. 

I already saw that happen, at least. 

Cheers 

Thanks! very useful information.

Hi, 

I have to correct a statement.

The active named users (in users) is not limited in a personal environment.
This is from my personal environment:

There is also no limitation, in license terms, to the number of concurrent users (logged into applications in the environment).

But the hardware limitation is in place. If you have a large amount of concurrent users, your applications may start timing out or your environment may be disable due resources usage.

Cheers.