Views
Comments
Invalid username and password error

Hi

I created a log in page but every time I log I keep having this error "invalid username or password"

After my search, I found out that my problem was not having Encrypted Password action, I just added it to my module but how can I use it?

Hi Faris,

How are you implementing your login action? Are you using the User_Login Server Action from the Users module?

If you do, then the password should not be encrypted when you call that server action.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi,

can you share the error from service center?

Cheers

Hi Faris,

In Serive studio click here it will redirect to service center and See monitoring Tab and find Error log

or you can direct enter url for Service Center

https://xxx.outsystemscloud.com/servicecenter 

where xxx is your domain

regrads

Rahul Sahu

You just have to do what Raul mentioned.

Open your service center, go to Monitoring and then on the first tab, you have the errors. You run your application and make the use case that is generating an error, and after getting the error, you go to the service center, and do the detail of the error you gave.

In case you don't know how you can go to Service Center, in your Service Studio you just need click in the following button

Cheers

Thanks for the clear explanation, this the details of the error:

Hi Faris,

Error like your username and password is incorrect.

you need to check username/password or may be try with email id which is in Users application when you provide user registred time.

Also check if you made self created login page than all process is right or if you are using outsystem default login than need to check once email_id.

Regards

Rahul sahu

Faris Abdullah Almozini wrote:

Hi

I created a log in page but every time I log I keep having this error "invalid username or password"

After my search, I found out that my problem was not having Encrypted Password action, I just added it to my module but how can I use it?

Hi Faris ,

Can you share OML File..or else you can check when you are using Encrypted Password action then you are using createorupdate action in that action in password attribute u can pass the value of EncryptPassword.EncryptedPassword.i have shown in below screenshot.

I hope it will help you !.
Thanks. 

Sorry for the late reply, I did all the things you told me guys but no luck, here's how the passwords and usernames are saved:

Hello Faris,

Yes, that seems to be correct. Because the passwords are encrypted when they are saved in the database.

However, when you call the User_Login action, you should pass the real value of the password (not encrypted).

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Did you try login to  Outsystems users management application with the user/password

User Management App Url:http://<environment address>/Users

Hello Faris,

To be honest, it is not normal. I was about to point that in my previous post, but it could be on purpose. How did you create that username? Did you use the Users application?

https://<your-server-address>/Users

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Team,

We are facing the similar issue, from yesterday developers are not able to login through Outsystems studio. 

Request help if this issue is encountered by anyone previously and solution is found? 

Thanks,

Saicharan

Hello Saicharan,

I believe your issue is different.

This issue was related with the login on the application, yours is related with the login on the Service Studio.

I suggest that you create a new thread in the forum so everyone can try to help you with your issue.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas