Views
Comments
Solved
Color specific options in a Dropdown - Mobile

Hello everyone

I have an Outsystems 11 Mobile application with a dropdown.

I would like to colour each specific list item in the dropdown a different colour depending on the value of that item.

Very similar to this post https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/53654/specific-color-for-only-particular-items-in-the-list-dropdown/ 

but for mobile instead of Traditional web, and using a standard dropdown.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Mitchel,

It is reasonably easy to do, if you change your dropdown 'options content' from text to custom. 

In that case, you can have a container around the text of each option, and you could give the container a style class that depends on your data.  In my example, i use the status of the request as the base for the color.

In css, just define how each of these classes should be displayed.  The dropdown-popup-row takes care of the values in the list, the .dropdown-display-content takes care of the selected value.

See attached oml,

Dorine

DemoColourfulOptionsMobile.oml

Hi, friend! 

Will be very interesting figure it out how to do that inside a dropdown. The first step is to fill the dropdown list with a structures with the data plus the color to background. 

The select has a lot of properties applied to it. Try to pass the value to background-color at the extended properties.

That can be a good start

Solution

Hi Mitchel,

It is reasonably easy to do, if you change your dropdown 'options content' from text to custom. 

In that case, you can have a container around the text of each option, and you could give the container a style class that depends on your data.  In my example, i use the status of the request as the base for the color.

In css, just define how each of these classes should be displayed.  The dropdown-popup-row takes care of the values in the list, the .dropdown-display-content takes care of the selected value.

See attached oml,

Dorine

DemoColourfulOptionsMobile.oml