Dropdown Search opens mobile keyboard - Reactive Web

Hi,

We are using the Dropdown Search UI component in one of our Reactive Web Apps and it is mostly used on mobile devices. When the user opens the dropdown on their device it (only on certain devices) automatically opens the keyboard of the device. On some devices it does not open automatically and the component becomes much easier to use for end users.

Is there a way to force the component not to focus on the search and open the keyboard when you select the dropdown? So that the user must intentionally select the search within the dropdown before the keyboard pops up?

Any help would be much appreciated.

HeinriG wrote:

Hi,

We are using the Dropdown Search UI component in one of our Reactive Web Apps and it is mostly used on mobile devices. When the user opens the dropdown on their device it (only on certain devices) automatically opens the keyboard of the device. On some devices it does not open automatically and the component becomes much easier to use for end users.

Is there a way to force the component not to focus on the search and open the keyboard when you select the dropdown? So that the user must intentionally select the search within the dropdown before the keyboard pops up?

Hai 

HeinriG Can You Share Pic.Your Facing Problem In the Dorpdown 

I will One Pic To You I think It Will Help You Or Else Sent your Pic what Actually facing in Your Dorpdown 

Hi Selva,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, adding the search prompt did not seem to solve my problem.

Here is the current behaviour where the list is cut of with the keyboard when you open the dropdown. This also stops the user from being able to scroll in the list:

Here is the behaviour I want (open the dropdown, and the keyboard does not appear until I select the search input).

A side note, I have noticed that the keyboard typically appears when using an android device, but not always on IOS devices. I have gone through the advanced settings available for the widget but no luck.

HeinriG wrote:

Hi Selva,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, adding the search prompt did not seem to solve my problem.

Here is the current behaviour where the list is cut of with the keyboard when you open the dropdown. This also stops the user from being able to scroll in the list:

Here is the behaviour I want (open the dropdown, and the keyboard does not appear until I select the search input).

A side note, I have noticed that the keyboard typically appears when using an android device, but not always on IOS devices. I have gone through the advanced settings available for the widget but no luck.

Try This Attachment