Update a Value(s) in a List Appended List

Hello,

I have a table widget in which is source is the List Append variable.   Once I've filled the List Appended table widget I may need to update one of those records, is that possible? 

Thank you,

FrankCLT

Hi FrankCLT,

Yes, it is possible, for that, in your List Append variable, you must have at least one Identifier value of the record, to link an editable screen or screen action to update.

Regards.

I don't follow,  I do have it linked to a table widget, but don't know how to update from what I'm familiar with (CRUD) 

FrankCLT wrote:

I don't follow,  I do have it linked to a table widget, but don't know how to update from what I'm familiar with (CRUD) 

Could you post some image for we understand better what you need?

Here you go...

They select from Screen A and are prompted to enter quantity and price.  Item is then added to Screen B.

Screen A

I would like to be able to select one of these, bring up the prompt and edit quantity and\or price.  I've got the prompt for adding working fine, i just need to be able to select and update a record from Screen B.

Screen B

FrankCLT wrote:

Here you go...

They select from Screen A and are prompted to enter quantity and price.  Item is then added to Screen B.

Screen A

I would like to be able to select one of these, bring up the prompt and edit quantity and\or price.  I've got the prompt for adding working fine, i just need to be able to select and update a record from Screen B.

Screen B

Hi,

Don't really get your point. As I guess you wanna:

1. Select items from screen A
  2. Open modal
  3. Input the price and quantity
  4. Add items with its price and quantity to screen B
  5. Edit item in screen B

If I am right, you have done step 1-4. For step 5:

1. Define the click event of the link (on the item description) or table row
  2. Open modal on click
  3. Load data of current item onto modal
  4. Edit the quantity and price
  5. Save back to the item (by the list appended in table)

Hope this help

The issue is that in step 5 when modifying the values and writing back, it creates another entry in the List of the ListAppend.

Solution

FrankCLT wrote:

The issue is that in step 5 when modifying the values and writing back, it creates another entry in the List of the ListAppend.

Hi Frank,

You should update the record, not use list append. you can pass the index of the edited record as the input parameter and update in the list by something like List[index].Price = xx, List[index].Quantity = xx

Hope this help

Solution

Shingo,

Thank you for your assistance.  In my example from above, when the user clicks on a row (Item) on Screen B and brings up a prompt of that List record to change I'm not familiar with how to get the index of that record.  And then to update that same record.   

Thanks again, 

FrankCLT

Here is my List (ListPODetailVar)

I have ListPODetailVar as the source for the Table widget. 

If I had 3 Items displayed in this grid (Index 0,1,2) and I wanted to change the Quantity and Price on the item# 24 - Headset I would click on the Item # and a prompt come ups.

Once they made their changes, they would click the Add\Update and the List would now reflect the change. In this example Index 1.  So the Headset above would now be Quantity of 5 and Price of 55.75.

I feel kind of silly...should have known better.....This worked perfectly........

FrankCLT wrote:

I feel kind of silly...should have known better.....This worked perfectly........

Hi,

Nice that it can help you to solve your problem

Best regards