Hello,

I'm new to outsystems and still trying to understand this concept.

If I create an APP, let's say for this example, an APP like UBER.

Every person that downloads the app and installs is considered an END USER?

I've been seeing the documentation and the only way (that i was able to find) to create an END USER is through the outsystems service studio.

Isn't it possible to allow the APP user to sign up himself into the APP and therefore become an END USER? 

Maybe I'm not properly understanding the concept of the END USER... can anyone help me?

thanks!

Hi Miguel,

It is possible to programmatically create users.  OutSystems will not automatically create a user when the user installs an application.  See the actions available in the Users and the UsersLibrary module, such as User_Create, EncryptPassword.

You will need to create a registration page.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Hello Miguel,

This is a very nice question indeed, I'll try my best to share my thoughs.

By its own definition, an End User is a person who ultimately uses or is intended to ultimately use a product. Let's say that the end user is the ultimate consumer of a specific product.

In your case (where the product is an Application like Uber), the end-user is considered as every person who downloads the application, installs it and use it. You can download any applications you like, but if you don't use them, you can't be considered as an End User for those applications.

This concept is directly associated to the production environment. For instance, when you are developing a new application, there are at least 3 environments:

• Development environment - where programmers develop the application;
  • Quality environment - where testers can use and test the application;
  • Production environment - where end-users can use the application.

If we take your example again (Uber application), production environment is basically when the application is published into the stores and it is accessible to be downloaded and used.

Isn't it possible to allow the APP user to sign up himself into the APP and therefore become an END USER?

Like I said before, End Users are only associated to production environment. Consequently, people who install and use the application in any other environment are not considered end-users. Picking once again on your example, imagine you have 3 different people:

1. Uber App Developer who installs the application from development enviroment and uses it to check his new developments - not an End User;
  2. Uber App Tester who installs the application from quality environment and tests it to assure quality - not an End User;
  3. Person who installs the Uber App from production environment (downloads it directly from App Store / Google Play) and use it - End User.

Hope that this helps you to clarify your questions.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi

You can refer to "User Registration Flow", which might help you. 

Furthermore, IdP forge is a best solution.

Regards

Miguel Vieira wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to outsystems and still trying to understand this concept.

If I create an APP, let's say for this example, an APP like UBER.

I've been seeing the documentation and the only way (that i was able to find) to create an END USER is through the outsystems service studio.

Maybe I'm not properly understanding the concept of the END USER... can anyone help me?

thanks!

Hi Miguel.

You shall create registration screen as stuart suggested and make it available for anonymous user so that all user can register himself there.

Regards,

Sanjay