Views
Comments
Scheduler Service: Error dequeuing events
Question

Hello,

I'm looking at Service Center trying to triage some overall environment performance issues, and seeing the following error occurring quite frequently:

"Scheduler Service: Error dequeuing events"

The stack trace always shows a SQL timeout error, which sometimes starts with:

"Scheduler Service: Error dequeuing events
Transaction (Process ID XXX) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction
."

Is anyone familiar with this error? I'm wondering if it's just a red herring, occurring because our environment has multiple front end servers all sharing a single database server, and if therefore deadlock scenarios are inevitable? Or if this is perhaps a legitimate issue that might be inducing the environment performance issues I'm seeing?

Thanks!
Kirk

Hi Kirk,

My production server also encountered this recently. I think some scheduler service is not up properly in one of the front end server.

I managed to clear this error by rebooting all the front end server. I think if we let the error running, the scheduler in the enviroment health will eventually flag as warning and some of the timer processes like sending of emails may get affected

Hello, any update on this issue? We also have this error in Production server only.

Not always resulting to a timeout, but most of the time occurs within a business Action.

Thanks,
Victor