Import password-protected excel file

I am trying to import an excel file that requires a password to be opened, but I am getting the error "File contains corrupted data."

I found in the documentation that encrypted file cannot be imported in here. Is a password-protected file what it meant as encrypted?

If that is the case, do we have an alternative to import such excel files?

Solution

Hi All,

I have resolved this issue by exposing a method from EPPlus library which is not present, last time I checked, on the component exposing said library.

Since a snippet would be too long as text, here is an image of my implementation.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Emman

Capture.PNG

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Emman,

The Forge component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/355/advanced-excel has functionality to handle sheet and workbook protection.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I checked that component, but from what I can see it has the functionality to create excel with protection. I don't see an action there that allows for reading such files.

Cheers,

Emman

Hello Emman SI,

Does you got any solution about the same?

Hi Emman Si

I'm afraid that if you want to import that file or any encrypted file you need to remove the password first.

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Hello @Goncalo Almeida - Even though if file level password is removed. excel binary is not getting uploaded.

Follow below forum discussion as i have raised last week.
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/69386/advanced-excel-uploading-encrypted-excel-file-in-outsystems-using-reactive/ 

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to upload and read encrypted excel files on the platform.

To use the file you need to remove the encryption.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Pisco.

Solution

Hi All,

I have resolved this issue by exposing a method from EPPlus library which is not present, last time I checked, on the component exposing said library.

Since a snippet would be too long as text, here is an image of my implementation.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Emman

Capture.PNG

Hello @Emman Si So have this implemented in advance excel component? or have this feature is published?

Hi Pavan,

I have not checked Advance Excel thoroughly in a while, but from what I can see it seems not yet.

I integrated and used EPPlus library directly through Integration Studio and defined the action myself.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Emman

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.