Views
Comments
Solved
Publish REST and SOAP APIS web services in Service Center
Question

Hello,

I've created two different modules, one for the REST API web services and the other one for the SOAP web services. When I try to publish the REST API module I'm asked to overwrite the previous version of the SOAP module, and I don´t understand why. Because of this I'm not able to check the documentation of the webservices at the same time.

Could you please help me on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,    

Solution

Hi Monica,

Unfortunately, i cannot replicate the issue, but you can follow my steps to build the solution.

1. Open the application Employees API - Exposing Data.oap
  2. Open the module EmployeesAPI_SOAP, clone this module, and rename the new module to EmployeesAPI_REST
  3. Write your API in both modules.
  4. Check my version attached 

NOTE: Because i'm using my personal environment, is not possible to publish the .oml that you send me. 

Thank you.

EmployeesAPI.oap

Looks strange!!!

How it is overlapping one module to other

Hi Monica,

You already try to expose de REST and SOAP web services hi the same module? What are the modules names? Is possible to provide some images with webservices definiton?

Thank you.

Good morning,

The name of the modules are:

- EmployeesAPI_SOAP

- EmployeesAPI_REST

The both modules are inside different oap files but with the same name (Employees API application) provided by the trainer. I'm not sure if this could be the reason. Although I've tried to renamed the oap file when I load it the application name is Employees API in both cases.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Monica,

Attach both oap please.

Thank you.

Hi Gonçalo,

PFA the both oap files provided by the trainer and both modules implemented with REST and SOAP web services.

Thanks & Regards

EmployeesAPISOAP.oml

Hi Gonçalo,

PFA all the files,

Thanks & Regards,

WebServicesPack.zip

Hi Monica,

Give me some moments to import the modules and try replicate the issue. 

Thank you.

Solution

Hi Monica,

Unfortunately, i cannot replicate the issue, but you can follow my steps to build the solution.

1. Open the application Employees API - Exposing Data.oap
  2. Open the module EmployeesAPI_SOAP, clone this module, and rename the new module to EmployeesAPI_REST
  3. Write your API in both modules.
  4. Check my version attached 

NOTE: Because i'm using my personal environment, is not possible to publish the .oml that you send me. 

Thank you.

EmployeesAPI.oap

Hi Gonçalo,

Many thanks for the information. Do you know how to import the REST APIs once the REST module is cloned from EmployeesAPI_SOAP?

Regards,

Hi Monica,

Open the old EmployeesAPI_REST.oml that you sent me, but not publish. Go to rest API definition "v1" and make a simple copy. Go to the new cloned module and paste into REST.

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Monica,

This happens when you start with a single module, then copy it, then make changes. Internally, it will still have the same GUID, so it's the same module. To resolve this, open the REST module, Clone it (use "Clone" from the "Module" menu), and publish it.

Thanks a lot Gonçalo