Views
Comments
Incorrect sorting of Scandinavian characters
Question

Hi there,

I am the new guy who has all those weird problems..  

We have this sorting problem that characters like "ÅÄÖ" are sorted incorrectly like you see in this screenshot. Correct order is shown on Order-column and default cloud platform setup handles these characters incorrectly.

Platform thinks that those ÅÄ = A and Ö = O, but that is wrong. Those should be after Z..

..TUVWXYZÅÄÖ 

Added Sort.xlsx file, if someone wants to try to fix it.

I think the database locale should be changed somehow to use UTF8, but no idea how. 

Does anybody knows how to get it right? 

Cheers,

-JP

Sort.xlsx

mvp_badge
MVP

This seems to be a workaround, if you cannot change collation to SQLServer, but it would be nice to get instruction from Outsystems how to get it right to DB level (e.g. Outsystems public cloud environment).

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jukka,

I will drop your question at OutSyatems.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jukka,

I´ve never try it, but I found some tips to use this kind of SQL replacing your collate. Could you please try it in your queries to see if this works?

SELECT {Sorting}.* FROM {Sorting} ORDER BY @TableSort COLLATE YOURCOLLATENAME_CI_AS
mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jukka,

Question, where you able to solve your problem with the help of OutSystems support?

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I mark your answer as a solution, not that it is a solution, but people will be better able to see that it is not possible, and maybe later you share the link of the idea in this discussion, so people can vote on it.

You will have my vote, as I can imagine for Scandinavian customers using the OutSystems Cloud, this is limiting the usability of OutSystems.

Regards,

Daniel