hi.. i'm still new in mobile outsystems. i have a pdf file and it store in database table in binary data, i tried to display it into pdf, how i should do ?

i already tried using file pludgin and show it into pdf viewer pludgin but the pdf file didn't show.

a alredy tried to display it into iframe, but it display only in launcher outsystems in browser.

please teach me how to show it ?

thnks

Hi deddy effendi,

Iframe work on browser only it will not work in mobile so you need to use FileViewerPlugin to display pdf.

I have attached one oml once you publish this oml in your domain need to generate apk and install this apk in mobile and check this.

Because it required cordova plugin.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Deddy,

I have created a sample app for your used case.. please follow the below mentioned steps

Steps:

1) Create an IFrame using the HTML Element

2) Convert the Binary PDF content to Base64 String Using BinaryToBase64 Server action (Referenced from BinaryData Extension)

3) Concatenate the Base64 string value in the IFrame src property value

see this sample app.. 

Please see the attached .oml file

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Deddy,

I have created a sample app for your used case.. please follow the below mentioned steps

Steps:

1) Create an IFrame using the HTML Element

2) Convert the Binary PDF content to Base64 String Using BinaryToBase64 Server action (Referenced from BinaryData Extension)

3) Concatenate the Base64 string value in the IFrame src property value

see this sample app.. 

Please see the attached .oml file

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjit,

But Iframe is not worked in mobile when i generate apk and use it in mobile it is not worked.

Regards
Rahul

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi deddy effendi,

Iframe work on browser only it will not work in mobile so you need to use FileViewerPlugin to display pdf.

I have attached one oml once you publish this oml in your domain need to generate apk and install this apk in mobile and check this.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

thnks for your attachment, i wonder how do i get xlf like picture below ?

what is that function ?

deddy effendi wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi deddy effendi,

Regards

Rahul Sahu

what is that function ?

basically this is filesystem forge component.

all of this three function work for File write on path , read data from path and retrun Directory path.

Because fileViewer pulgin show pdf based on URL so we need to make one url and provide it.

that why we are using this extention.

Regards

Rahul

Rahul Sahu wrote:

deddy effendi wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi deddy effendi,

Regards

Rahul Sahu

what is that function ?

basically this is filesystem forge component.

all of this three function work for File write on path , read data from path and retrun Directory path.

Because fileViewer pulgin show pdf based on URL so we need to make one url and provide it.

that why we are using this extention.

Regards

Rahul

it so weird because i dont have in my mobile app, is there any pludgin in same function as file systems ?

Hi,

I didnt use other component in compare FileSystem.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem 

Regards

Rahul

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi,

I didnt use other component in compare FileSystem.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem 

Regards

Rahul

i've tried to follow your attachment but i got message "cannot display pdf"

this is my screen shoot : 

get file name

file write binary :

file url

openDoc

how i can fix it ?

Hi deddy effendi ,

I have updated oml it is working find it.

Also if you faced problem again share your oml.so we can have a lookk what actual problem.

Regards

Rahul