Push Notifications for PWA - OneSignal vs PushWoosh

Good day fellow OutSystem Users

I am trying to figure out which Push Notifications service will be best suited to my needs for a PWA - OneSignal or PushWoosh.

I see there is a lot of comparisons done but not specifically for PWAs, and to be honest the amount of information is almost overwhelming. I am also not sure of some of the free vs paid features especially of OneSignal.

My requirements are:

1. Send push notifications to specific Users of a PWA with Deep Links (both android, Windows, Mac and hopefully eventually IOS if they start enabling this feature) and also be able to Broadcast to all Users if wanted.

2. Send Notifications from a Reactive Web App to a PWA and then sending out the Push Notification from the PWA (not sure if I need either PushWoosh or OneSignal for this - have yet to investigate) - Users will be able to log into PWA and see how many notifications from other Apps.

3. As a bonus - can either of these allow for a dynamic in-app messaging system whereby there can be a live chat between users - similar to how an in-app chat can work using Firebase...

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

In OneSignal, depending on your usage of course, I think the free version arrives. Because the number of messages you can send on both the OneSignal side and the Firebase side (for Android systems) is sufficient. But of course, this depends on the level of use you are going to give.

Here is a demo component that helps you configure OneSignal, including deeplinks. I honestly always used OneSignal, but for a couple of months now, as far as I know the PushWoosh company itself is responsible for the forge component, so I don't know if this one will not be better and with more options, but I haven't used it in a long time, and when I used it, two years ago it had numerous limitations.

Even for chat I used OneSignal, including to make a video conference, I used a mix of OneSignal with another video conference component that is in the forge.

But this is my experience, my sharing. I hope I can help you with something.

Cheers

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

In OneSignal, depending on your usage of course, I think the free version arrives. Because the number of messages you can send on both the OneSignal side and the Firebase side (for Android systems) is sufficient. But of course, this depends on the level of use you are going to give.

Here is a demo component that helps you configure OneSignal, including deeplinks. I honestly always used OneSignal, but for a couple of months now, as far as I know the PushWoosh company itself is responsible for the forge component, so I don't know if this one will not be better and with more options, but I haven't used it in a long time, and when I used it, two years ago it had numerous limitations.

Even for chat I used OneSignal, including to make a video conference, I used a mix of OneSignal with another video conference component that is in the forge.

But this is my experience, my sharing. I hope I can help you with something.

Cheers

Hi Miguel

Thanks so much for your response. That is very helpful.

Just to clarify - are you saying that OneSignal can accommodate Requirement 3 in my list for a live update chat between multiple App users?

Hi Nicholas,

Yes, I managed two years ago together with another colleague to build a chat component, for conversation 1-1 and we used one signal. The same happened with the video call, which we implemented, that the person even received a pushnotification with deeplink (here we just needed to get the phone to ring, the chat was between a reactive application and a mobile application. If the app had open, it touched the side of the phone, if it was closed it was the fault, it didn’t touch) ... then we ended up making the decision to have a mechanism like teams and the like. You have a meeting scheduled, you enter the room, and the conversation begins.

Cheers

Just to add a compare information between two components please check this:

OneSignal vs Pushwoosh

Cheers

Thanks Miguel for the further info and for that useful comparrison!

Do you think it would be possible to expand your chat functionality to include multiple people on one chat?

Hi Nicholas,

Honestly I can't give you an answer, I think you can, but I needed to have it validated, and it is something I want to do, but only for the beginning of next month will I have time to do it.

Hi @nicholas , have you work it the push notification with PWA? I'm trying to achieve so but with no luck. Specially that evry component I find is using Cordova and for PWA it keeps telling me that Cordova is not defiend.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.