Changing .NET compiler in Service Center

Changing .NET compiler in Service Center

Hello -

Odd little question. I have an extension that requires the .NET 3.5 compiler (I use the "var" keyword, for example). In Integration Studio, I changed my extension's settings so that it uses the .NET 3.5 compiler, and it publishes fine. The problem is, when I made a solution in Service Center and added the extension as a dependency, the solution can't be published, because it tries to use the .NET 2.0 compiler.

Is there a way to change the compiler settings that Service Center uses on a per-extension basis (or evena  global basis) like I can with Integration Studio?

Thanks!

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

In IntegrationStudio, you can go to Edit Menu → Options → .NET and, where it says .NET Compiler Tool Options, add the switch (or change it if you already have it) stating /toolsverion:3.5

Also change the .NET Compiler Tool to target the appropriate version. The settings I'm currently using are:
.NET Compiler Tool
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5\MSBuild.exe
.NET Compiler Tool Options
/nologo /verbosity:minimal /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=Debug /toolsversion:3.5
A possible problem that you may be hitting is that whenever an upgrade to the extension is required, Service Center will use Integration Studio in background to open, upgrade and recompile the extension. This means that you should set the Integration Studio you have at your server to the very same options. This should be sufficient to enable you to use .NET 3.5 (or 4.0) assemblies in your projects.

Cheers,
Miguel
Miguel -

I did this  while ago, and it works just fine in Integration Studio. The problem is in Service Center. The extension is part of a solution, and I cannot publish the solution because Service Center is using the .NET 2.0 compiler, not the .NET 3.5 compiler that I specified. So I need to find a way for *Service Center* to change compilers.

Thanks!

J.Ja