Check out the Tech Sessions at NextStep 2020

**Did you miss NextStep 2020? You're in luck! You can still register and watch the videos on demand**

- Updated Sept 17

Hello everyone!

NextStep 2020 is just around the corner, and I wanted to make sure you saw the incredible technical sessions we have in store for you. And with the conference being virtual this year, you don’t have to miss any of them!

Register now »

Check out the full agenda and descriptions here, and get a sneak peek at the topics below:

Architecture & Best Practices:

• Everything About Reactive Web Security
  • Thinking Reactive: Best Practices for Success
  • Managing Secure Data
  • Delivering Value Faster with Feature Toggling

Front-end:

• Creating Quality Reusable JavaScript Forge Components
  • My First Reactive Widget
  • Creating Application Templates to Accelerate Time-to-Market
  • Building Accessible Apps with OutSystems

General Dev.:

• Using a Pre-Trained Machine Learning Model to Create Rock, Paper, Scissors Game
  • Extending Your Mobile App with Cordova Hooks
  • Dealing with Dynamic User Roles
  • How to Handle Multi-Time Zone Apps

Server & Data:

• Asynchronous Callback Behavior Made Easy
  • Introducing New Languages at Runtime for Web and Mobile
  • Data Migration Between OutSystems Environments
  • Dealing with Complex Structures in OutSystems

Register now »

We hope to see you there!

Jen

This year will be a different Next Step, due to the pandemic that the world is going through, but I am sure that it will not fail to have the quality that has been accustomed to us in recent years. I just wish that next year it would be back at the mother house - Portugal.

I noticed that we are not able to mark our favorite sessions so we can "get around" more easily during these days. Is this something that will/can be added to the agenda? The is very valuable me me to keep track of the sessions and to be able to discuss session with my coworkers. 

Greetings,

Vincent

Hi Vincent! Good question. This functionality will actually be in the mobile app and in the platform you'll be able to select the session you want to attend before. If you've already registered, you'll receive an email soon about downloading the app, then you'll be able to pick your sessions!

Jen

Vincent Koning wrote:

I noticed that we are not able to mark our favorite sessions so we can "get around" more easily during these days. Is this something that will/can be added to the agenda? The is very valuable me me to keep track of the sessions and to be able to discuss session with my coworkers. 

Greetings,

Vincent

I can't wait!  With the conference being free, and no cost of travel, I hope we can see many many more people this year!

So many interesting and parallel technical sessions. With NextStep being virtual this time, will all the session be recorded which can be accessed on-demand?

Hi Swatantra,

Yes! You'll be able to see all of the sessions on-demand after, so you don't miss anything! :) And be sure to come by the Community booth to say hello.

Jen

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

So many interesting and parallel technical sessions. With NextStep being virtual this time, will all the session be recorded which can be accessed on-demand?

Awesome, can't wait! Thanks for laying out the topics!

See you guys there :)

Regards,

Nordin

O, yeah.. Community booth that's the way to go. See you there, thanks Jen.

Great News! The App is already available?

Regards

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Great News! The App is already available?

Regards

The iPhone app can be downloaded here

Regards,

Swatantra

How is it that only the iPhone app is available?

The android one is empty and only contains a link to the website.

Tim Timperman wrote:

How is it that only the iPhone app is available?

The android one is empty and only contains a link to the website.

Ohh, is it? Didn't (can't) check the android version. But this already surprises me. I would expect both the 'droid and iOS app feature-wise same.

Thanks Swatrantra

But I can't use the IPhone. I need the link to Android

Regards

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Thanks Swatrantra

But I can't use the IPhone. I need the link to Android

Regards

Alberto,

Found the android link for you :)

OutSystems NextStep android app

Regards,

Swatantra

Thanks Swatantra

The Android app only provides a link to a a web page....

Hi everyone! The Android app hasn't been approved yet for the Google store. It should be available soon! When they're both ready, an email will go out to attendees. Thanks!

Jennifer Lopez wrote:

Hi everyone! The Android app hasn't been approved yet for the Google store. It should be available soon! When they're both ready, an email will go out to attendees. Thanks!

Thanks for the update Jen!

Thanks Jennifer for the feedback

So we need to have the app to be able to attend and cannot attend it on our laptop?

Best Regards,

Abílio Matos

Abilio Matos wrote:

So we need to have the app to be able to attend and cannot attend it on our laptop?

Best Regards,

Abílio Matos

App is an option. You can always attend using laptop.

Vincent Koning wrote:

Greetings,

Vincent

Hi Vincent, am sure you would have an email regarding the app. "nextstep" mobile app in appstore has the feature to mark  

favourite sessions and has a "tab" that displays your selected agendas. looks neat....

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed NextStep this year! If you didn't get a chance to attend, you can still register and watch the sessions on demand.