Views
Comments
Solved
enable or disable(read only) a dropdown box in a form

Hi ,

I need to enable or disable (read only) few parameters of a form in a reactive web based on below  condition 

Add new case: this will create a form completely blank so that it will take inputs from use.

Update existing case: this will fetch the case details from the DB and show only few parameters  editable and others as ready only (a drop down parameters also there which need to make read only).

Solution

Madhu Sudhan wrote:

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Madhu Sudhan wrote:

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Hi Madhu, 

You can put a condition using the input entity Identifier on dropdown's 'Enable' property as below. Please check the attached oml as well. The same condition can be used to restrict editing on other Form Inputs.

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the above suggestion, I have implemented the above step, but the behaviour of the screen as follows

1. for a new case it is working fine will all blank form for taking inputs from user.

2. When I am trying to edit an existing case it is not applying the restriction (Read only) to the required parameters. (it ia still alowing me to change the existing data on the read only parameters)

please suggest. Thanks.

Regards,

Madhu

Can you share your oml please.

Hi Sachin,

I am attaching the OML, please check.

In this module I also have one more issue with " dynamic search" on the main page it is not working (it should work like auto suggest or auto fille). Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhu Sudhan

Hi Madhu,

I will advise you to create a separate post for your 'dynamic search' issue and not to mix with this current post. also, you can 'mark as solved' this particular post if any of the provided solutions worked for you.

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi Madhu, 

You can put a condition using the input entity Identifier on dropdown's 'Enable' property as below. Please check the attached oml as well. The same condition can be used to restrict editing on other Form Inputs.

Thanks,

Sachin

SampleOml.oml

Hi Madhu,

You can do like Sachin wrote.

I can give you another suggestion that I usually implement.

For security reasons, I don't use editable widgets as disable (someone that has high skills can broke that). I place those widgets inside an If and, the condition that I supposed need to use in the "Enable" I use as If condition. And, in the If branch that is suppose to show that element disable, I show an expression with the value that I want.

It's just an idea ;)

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira 

Hi Sachin,

I have created new post for the dynamic search and I did not find any solution yet. Butthe current issues which I posted here is solved.Thanks for that.

Regards,

Madhu