CSV 5.1 Compatible?

CSV 5.1 Compatible?

I have been working to upgrade our system over the past few weeks from version 4.2 to 5.1.  I believe that everything is set and ready to go, except that the CSV extension that we are using for our data exports fails every time.  I am inputting a Record list as an Object, but the error that I keep getting is: There was an error processing your request. Please try again later...  Is the extension not compatible for version 5.1, or is there a different extension that I should now be using instead of CSV?

I should also mention that the reason why I am building a csv is because we are trying to export the data with null values (blanks) and the only way to accomplish that that we have found so far is to convert the data to an all text csv, convert the file to a binary and then export that into Excel.  I am stripping out the default null values that the system automatically places in the system by hand in views so that it is all coming out at text in the structure.

Thanks

Josh
Hi Josh. While I haven't tested the CSV extension with 5.1, there are some debugging tips that may be relevant to you, not only to this but to any problems you may encounter in the future.

The page stating "There was an error processing your request" is triggered by an error handler. This is the default for applications that follow OutSystems' StyleGuide or that integrate with Enterprise Manager. While this page (that you can customize) provides very little information about the error, the original error message and other relevant information is stored in the Platform's Error Log.

To access the Platform's error log, you can log in to Service Center (http://your server address/ServiceCenter), and follow the links to Monitoring → Error Log. There you can see the details on the error, which sometimes you may understand immediately and tackle the problem yourself. If you need further assistance, the information presented there will also be of great aid for those trying to help you with your problem.

Best regards,
Miguel
Miguel,

I went to the error log to check out the messages the system was using, and it is throwing an error saying: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I pulled the stack trace, and all I'm getting is this:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack:
at sseSpace1.RssExtensionCreateCSV.MssCreateCSV(HeContext heContext, Object inParamRecordList, Boolean inParamShowHeader, String inParamFieldDelimiter, Boolean inParamQuoteEmptyFields, String& outParamCsv)
at sseSpace1.Actions.ActionCreateCSV(HeContext heContext, Object inParamRecordList, Boolean inParamShowHeader, String inParamFieldDelimiter, Boolean inParamQuoteEmptyFields, String& outParamCsv)
at sseSpace1.Flows.FlowDMDCardio.ScrnData_Export.CommandExport_CRF_1_Submit(HeContext heContext)
at sseSpace1.Flows.FlowDMDCardio.ScrnData_Export.wt_ButtonKqwsT6uVi4Rg67h7NdUN9Pw_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 996 (Id=1300, PubId=1465, CompiledWith=5.1.0.13)
RequestUrl: http://resricdev02/eSpace1/drignatj/Data_Export.aspx
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/eSpace1/drignatj-166-129246504978039614
FilePath: C:\...\PS\test\eSpace1\drignatj\Data_Export.aspx
Locale:
DateFormat: MM/dd/yyyy
PID: 25084 ('w3wp', Started='7/21/2010 8:15:14 PM', Priv=251Mb, Virt=656Mb)
TID: 11
.NET: 2.0.50727.3053

I've gone over the code for the extension and can't seem to see where the error is occurring.

Thanks

Josh
Hi Joshua,

read this post to see how you can debug the extension to see where the error occurs.

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Is-possible-to-debug-a-extension%3F

cheers,
RNA