Hi, 

I'm reading some of the threads in Outsystems forge to know why push notifications isn't working in my Mobile app. 

I'm basing my app in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbu3AITS4k 

I don't have any idea why isn't working, I tried to check these params: 

PostSendJSON_Android Output
-Request
-Response

And Request and Response didn't return me anything. I think the problem is here, because the request is not even been made.

This is the flow  

Can anyone help?

Bst Regards

Hi Bruno,

I have some questions after reading your query.

1) Are you using the latest build of android or iOS builds which generated after integrating Firebase component in your mobile app.

2) Inside Firebase application in OutSystems you will see the module with name "Firebase middleware", inside this module you will have the entity with name "Device", can you check is your device hardware id is available

If its yes for above 2 questions, then check the service center logs under integration tab, you can check is firebase api is getting called to send notifications or not. If you want more information on the api call make the api logging property to full, which can be done from service center. it will provide you the entire request and response of the api call.

Hope this will help you in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Koushik.

Hi Koushik Prathi!

Thanks for your reply!

1) Are you using the latest build of Android or iOS builds which generated after integrating Firebase component in your mobile app. 

• Yes, I uninstalled the app and download again the Debug Type to try, but nothing changed

2) Inside Firebase application in OutSystems you will see the module with name "Firebase middleware", inside this module you will have the entity with name "Device", can you check is your device hardware id is available 

I'm using this example and worked a time ago, but I searched "Firebase middleware Device folder" and haven't even been added to the app, am I using the wrong example to create my app?

3) If its yes for above 2 questions, then check the service center logs under integration tab, you can check is firebase api is getting called to send notifications or not.

Is this that you're talking about? I don't know how to use this log, do you have some documentation, so I can learn more about this? (This Screenshot is from the web application who make the request to post notifications to mobile App)

4) If you want more information on the api call make the api logging property to full, which can be done from service center. it will provide you the entire request and response of the api call. 

• How can I do that?

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

Hi Bruno,

Inside firebase mobile application you will see the firebase middleware module

Inside this module,go to data tab and check is your mobile device already registered or not,like below

Go to service center and open this particular module,and under integration tabl you will see one consuming REST API like below

If you click on the googleapis rest api, then it will open the, page with some setting.there you will find the logging level option and change the option to full.

if you make it full, you are able to see the request and response from the api log,in service center under integration log

Regards,

koushik

Hi again!!

Thanks for your reply!

I checked the Device DataBase in Firebase middleware, but there is any device registered. This is the problem?

I set the logging level to full. 

Now in the Log any error occurs and I can't access the log from the request, is this normal? I never used this log page. Even with any error, I didn't receive any push yet.

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

please recheck your mobile app ,
1. In application on ready on your app, check user identifier with if function, and if the user is not null identifier (user logon) set initMessage from firebase mobile
2. After using function user login or something like that, you must register a user using firebase logic (register)

make sure you have google service in your folder resources in data tab

Bruno Guidetti wrote:

Hi, 

I'm reading some of the threads in Outsystems forge to know why push notifications isn't working in my Mobile app. 

I'm basing my app in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbu3AITS4k 

I don't have any idea why isn't working, I tried to check these params: 

PostSendJSON_Android Output
-Request
-Response

And Request and Response didn't return me anything. I think the problem is here, because the request is not even been made.

This is the flow  

Can anyone help?

Bst Regards

Hi Bruno,

Please check below link

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/44231/push-notification-configuration-guide/

Hope this will help you :)

- AV

Thanks

Hi, Ryan Surjadi!

I registered the device but nothing changed!

This is the OnApplicationReady Client Action :

The device is now registered, but the push notifications is not working yet.

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

Hi, Amit Verma!

Thanks for your reply!

I'm doing exactly this, but I don't know why my push notifications don't arrive at my phone

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

Bruno Guidetti wrote:

Hi, Amit Verma!

Thanks for your reply!

I'm doing exactly this, but I don't know why my push notifications don't arrive at my phone

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your reply !!

Can you please share your OML file so that i can see what is the exact problem.

Because recently i am doing same thing and it is working fine and push notification also arrive at my phone.

Please do this thing :

i think ApplicationId  inserted wrong in Device Table, instead of "FirebaseMobileSample" should be inserted below one

Hope this will work :)

- AV

Thanks

Hi Amit Verma !

II checked here and the ApplicationID is wrong. I'm trying to delete or Update the Device from the DB but I cant do it. Do you know a way to do it?

Bst Regards!

Bruno Guidetti wrote:

Hi Amit Verma !

II checked here and the ApplicationID is wrong. I'm trying to delete or Update the Device from the DB but I cant do it. Do you know a way to do it?

Bst Regards!

Hi Bruno Guidetti 

Please use Advance SQL query to update the Device Information from the DB.

Refer below query

UPDATE {Device} SET
       {Device}.[ApplicationId]=@Applicationid,
       {Device}.[UpdatedOn] = @UpdatedOn
 WHERE {Device}.[HardwareId] = @DeviceHardwareId
   AND {Device}.[RegistrationId] = @RegistrationId

Hope this will help you :)

- AV

Thanks 

Hi, Amit Verma!! 

Thanks for your answer!

I tried to do this, like that:

The InitCloudMessaging Action I'm just using to recover the Applicationid, DeviceHardwareId and RegistrationId to use in the Advance SQL.

This action is triggered by a button, and the Advance SQL query is inside de Action 1:

I made this flow, but nothing changed in the DataBase. Am I doing something wrong?

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

Bruno Guidetti wrote:

Hi, Amit Verma!! 

Thanks for your answer!

I tried to do this, like that:

The InitCloudMessaging Action I'm just using to recover the Applicationid, DeviceHardwareId and RegistrationId to use in the Advance SQL.

This action is triggered by a button, and the Advance SQL query is inside de Action 1:

I made this flow, but nothing changed in the DataBase. Am I doing something wrong?

Bst Regards,

Bruno Guidetti

Hi Bruno Guidetti

Please cross check InitCloudMessaging Action is it called or not? May be you can use one test screen and call you function Action1 so that you can easy debug and trace it is working or not.

- AV

Thanks