How to show an in-App notification / pop up message on a locked mobile screen.

Hi All,

I am able to send in-App notifications / popups from one signal to my app successfully, of course after I explicitly open my mobile.

I want to know if there is a way to get notified by the notification implicitly, i.e  the notifications pops up even if the mobile screen is locked. 

Thank You,

Waheed Habib

Hi Waheed,

The issue is most likely due to your device settings.

You may need to go to settings -> Notifications -> Enable notification for that app in locked screen.

For more info check the documentation:
https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/notifications-show-successful-but-are-not-being-shown

Let me know if this helps,

Pedro

Yes this sounds like an Android configuration problem. Make sure you allow the specific app to send those notifications to the lock screen, and also to not get influenced by the power saving methods like Pedro suggested. As developers, there's not much we can do to override this (thankfully from a user's point of view)

Pedro Marques wrote:

Hi Waheed,

The issue is most likely due to your device settings.

You may need to go to settings -> Notifications -> Enable notification for that app in locked screen.

For more info check the documentation:
https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/notifications-show-successful-but-are-not-being-shown

Let me know if this helps,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

If there are 2 or 3 users this may help ... but if there are thousands of users and each one has to do the changes , that will be difficult. 

I am looking for a solution from the installed app itself to unlock the mobile screen lock and show the notification pop-up to the user.

Thank you,

Waheed

There is a forge component called "Android Permissions Plugin". 

I've never used it, so I don't know if it can help you in this case. But it's used to ask permissions to a user.

Other than that, I have no other idea.

Hope this helps,

Pedro

Pedro Marques wrote:

There is a forge component called "Android Permissions Plugin". 

I've never used it, so I don't know if it can help you in this case. But it's used to ask permissions to a user.

Other than that, I have no other idea.

Hope this helps,

Pedro

Thank you Pedro for your time and support.

Waheed