Help to solve Error

Help to solve Error

Hi there.

I definitely need some help to solve a boring error that is logged everytime a user do the login in my application.

In Service Center i have the following error:

at ssSIGA.Flows.FlowCockpit.ScrnCockpit_Main.CheckPermissions(HeContext heContext)
at ssSIGA.Flows.FlowCockpit.ScrnCockpit_Main.Preparation(HeContext heContext)
at ssSIGA.Flows.FlowCockpit.ScrnCockpit_Main.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
eSpaceVer: 192 (Id=6828, PubId=13068, CompiledWith=
RequestUrl: http://outsysfe01/SIGA/U80021094/Home.aspx?_ts=10185984
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/SIGA/U80021094-18-129248735424198924
FilePath: C:\...\Cockpit_Main.aspx
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 11900 ('w3wp', Started='28-07-2010 13:28:47', Priv=63Mb, Virt=347Mb)
TID: 14
.NET: 2.0.50727.3082

Adittional Information:
User Id: 0

In the preparation screen os Cockpit_Main.aspx i have all the check permissions needed, in the main screen, i have defined also all the permission areas needed and this error is still logged! I've already try to debug but i still can't find where the error is ocurring.

This is very annoying because this error occurs about 3000 times a day and i can't figure out a solution to this.

I appreciate any kind of help/suggestion.

Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

Have you tried changing the Log Error property to No of the Security Exception Error Handler in your Web Flow?

Let me know if it helps.

Tiago Simões
Hi Pedro,

Are you using the Style Guide and Enterprise Manager?

If so, the login process of the Style Guide works based on security exceptions. When a user tries to access a page and is not logged in, a security exception is thrown. The error handling of the style guide will catch this error and process it accordingly to the situation:
  • If the user is not logged in, it will redirect the user to the login page;
  • If the user is logged in, then he is accessing a page to which he has no permission and the No Permissions page will be displayed.
Probably the security exception that you see being logged is this one (I know that in previous versions of the Style Guide this exception was being logged).
To avoid this log, all you have to do is change the Log Error property of the SecurityException error handler in your application web flows. See the screenshot below.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço

Thanks a lot guys!! You both saved my day!!

Many thanks =)
Hi Pedro, thank you very much for your feedback!

I am extremely glad we could help.

Kind Regards,

By the way, why exactly this is happening?

I'd like to understand why this error is happening a several times.
Hi Pedro,

In order to share an explanation of the Single-Sign-On login flow in a typical OutSystems application, I have created a new forum post TIP: Overview of the Single-Sign-On login flow in an OutSystems application. See the description there.

The conclusion is that the Security Exception throwing and handling mechanism is the expected behavior in  this process in order to have the user being redirected to the Login page when he needs to authenticate.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

Many thanks and keep up the excellent work.

Best regards,
Pedro Domingues