Hi everyone,

I followed these steps from the documentation https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Controls/Dropdown

But i don't get my dropdown widget to wotk, I have filters setup for a query, so I need this very simple Dropdown with 5 options, all i want is the text value, so ComboBox was weird to work with and found the Dropdown widget, according to Documentation seems pretty straight forward, but I can't get it to work, my values get all together, like in a single option. My widget tree  looks exactly like the pictures in the documentation 

Hi Oscar,

The Dropdown widget's DropdownList placeholder description is mentioned as "Drag the list of your links to this placeholder". The implementation should be as shown below

See this sample app

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Oscar,

Check out this forge component. I think it will meet your needs.

Vijay M-

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Oscar,

The Dropdown widget's DropdownList placeholder description is mentioned as "Drag the list of your links to this placeholder". The implementation should be as shown below

See this sample app

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith this looks like what I'm looking for, how are you obtaining the text from the dropdown value? I'm guessing you link the options to a screenaction, but seems like the dropdown only has an Id attribute

Solution

Oscar Vela wrote:

Hi Benjith this looks like what I'm looking for, how are you obtaining the text from the dropdown value? I'm guessing you link the options to a screenaction, but seems like the dropdown only has an Id attribute

Yes Oscar, you guessed it right :)

I mapped the link with a screen action which does have an input parameter - either pass the screen action input parameter value as a hard coded string value or pass the static identifier value as shown below..

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam 

Solution