Video: How to Use External JavaScript in a Reactive Web App - The React Way

In an earlier post, I pointed to a How-To video on using external JavaScript in an OutSystems Reactive Web app. While the technique shown in that video worked, it wasn't really optimized for the way the underlying React JS framework works.

In this video, I show how to use the same JavaScript library, but the React Way.

Want to stay on top of the latest videos from OutSystems? Make sure to click the Subscribe button.

https://youtu.be/JMWqFwnks4Q

Excellent work.

Nice contribution.

Excellent, will check it out!

Great work !

Good Work! Appreciate your effort. Kindly prepare some more videos on JS as there are very limited resource in OS and it's very useful for person like me who uses JS heavily. 

Thanks!

Sanjay Kumar Sahu wrote:

Good Work! Appreciate your effort. Kindly prepare some more videos on JS as there are very limited resource in OS and it's very useful for person like me who uses JS heavily. 

Thanks!

We're definitely looking to provide more content in this area, but I would also say that you should exercise caution in relying heavily on JavaScript. While it's sometimes unavoidable, and there will be situations where using an existing library can be a time-saver, the more you rely on JS, the more you move away from the advantages OutSystems in terms of fast iteration, easy change management, etc.

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Sanjay Kumar Sahu wrote:

Thanks!

We're definitely looking to provide more content in this area, but I would also say that you should exercise caution in relying heavily on JavaScript. While it's sometimes unavoidable, and there will be situations where using an existing library can be a time-saver, the more you rely on JS, the more you move away from the advantages OutSystems in terms of fast iteration, easy change management, etc.

Sure Andrew. Mostly I use JS due to limitation of OS, but I will definitely explore more on OS platform.

Thanks.

Excellent work...

Excellent work.