Hi guys,

I'm currently developing a Mobile App and have the need to use the Range Slider widget.

I have the widget in place, with the proper design. However, there's something odd going on here and I need your help to troubleshoot this.

In this first GIF, you can see that the slider is working fine.

As soon as I create an assign (value on the left bottom) on the OnChange event triggered by the widget, it starts to break.

Does any of you experienced this before?

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Hi Ricardo,

Just for testing purpose I did a trail implementation using Range Slider widget, in which I also observed the same issue which you have mentioned. I was not able to figure out the root cause for this unintentional behavior but as an alternative I do have a work around, which I guess will work for you as well..

Steps to follow:

1) Define a Block element and encapsulate the Range Slider widget within the Block

2) Define an Event with an input parameter of Decimal Type within the Block scope

3) Introduce the Trigger Event node in the Range Slider Widget On change handler action flow and pass the slider value to the parent screen via the trigger event 

4) In the parent screen define an handler for the block event and catch the slider value in a screen local variable to showcase the same in the screen UI

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hi Benjith,

First of all, thanks for your help! I followed your approach and everything is working fine. 

However, I was expecting that I could use the widget features without these workarounds...I would like to see somewone from OutSystems providing more details about this.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo Pedroso wrote:

Hi Benjith,

First of all, thanks for your help! I followed your approach and everything is working fine. 

However, I was expecting that I could use the widget features without these workarounds...I would like to see somewone from OutSystems providing more details about this.

Best regards,

Ricardo

You are welcome, Ricardo :)

I totally agree with you, If someone from OutSystems take note of this..

Regards

Benjith Sam