Views
Comments
Building a consumer solution with OutSystems

Hi all I'm leading the development of a B2C solution using OutSystems. While there are obviously internal servicing processes, the primary experience is external user-facing. Examples of features I will need to design / lead for this native mobile app:

1. SSO with common cloud providers (Apple, Google, Facebook etc)
  2. Web version that a user can sign in to as well
  3. Proprietary external user lifecycle management and data management
  4. Proprietary user experience (voice input layer, possibly by phone)
  5. Fraud detection of external user disclosure
  6. Push model with native mobile notifications with the app running in the background over a few weeks (it's a kind of digital coach I'm doing)

I'm going through the Tech Lead learning track and can't see any mention of this part, yet, most of the design work will be the external consumer experience. 

Thoughts / guidance most welcome!

Hi Julian,

Perhaps I don't understand, but are you looking for some tutorials or documentation where you get familiar with how to implement/design the requirements you listed? If yes, then I think you need to drill more into your requirements and be more specific, then you may be able to find something on forum.

Thanks,

Junaid

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Julian,

Yes it is possible and it happens and with success.

1. SSO with common cloud providers (Apple, Google, Facebook etc),  Yes
  2. Web version that a user can sign in to as well, Yes
  3. Proprietary external user lifecycle management and data management, Build into the platform
  4. Proprietary user experience (voice input layer, possibly by phone), Yes using plugins from Forge
  5. Fraud detection of external user disclosure, not sure, there is a new AppShield component introduced on NextStep2020 to further protect mobile apps from fraude and phone hacks
  6. Push model with native mobile notifications with the app running in the background over a few weeks (it's a kind of digital coach I'm doing), Push notifications are possible, app running on device in background not.

But these are just success stories you can find on the OutSystems website.

I am pretty sure OutSystems will also bring you in contact with on of their reference cases.

Some information you can see is here:

Regards,

Daniel

Sorry I wasn't very clear: I guess another way to put it is how common is it for OutSystems to be used for a B2C solution? Rather than an enterprise / intranet / process automation solution?