Views
Comments
Solved
OutSystems PaaS migration from one location to another
Question

Hi All,

Has anyone come across a situation to migrate the OutSystems PaaS setup from one location to another? Could you please share your learnings and steps to be followed so that all the data gets moved appropriately?

Basically, OutSystems now has a cloud available nearer to out customer and our customer wants the environment migrated from the current location to the nearer location.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Akshay,

I would say if OutSystems is hosting the OutSystems Infrastructure for the customer, and you need something which is not a self-service available in your license, then you have to request OutSystems to do it.

TLDR: Yes you have to ask clearly to OutSystems that your customer wants the complete infrastructure moved from the current AWS region to the new AWS region.

Regards,

Daniel 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Askshay,

If the OutSystems PaaS is hosted by OutSystems, you will have to ask OutSystems to help your customer with this.

There is no self-service available for this.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniël. Just to confirm provisioning infra, migrating data, applications all should be requested to OutSystems is that correct?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Akshay,

I would say if OutSystems is hosting the OutSystems Infrastructure for the customer, and you need something which is not a self-service available in your license, then you have to request OutSystems to do it.

TLDR: Yes you have to ask clearly to OutSystems that your customer wants the complete infrastructure moved from the current AWS region to the new AWS region.

Regards,

Daniel 

Thanks Daniël. I will get in touch with OutSystems on this and will post the updates here.