Hi All,

Currently I just studied on Reactive Web Application and am doing a comparison between Reactive and Traditional Web App. But there is one point I couldn't understand about, which is the State-of-the-art Framework mentioned by Outsystems as the pic shown below:

Actually how do you explain this in more plain words ?? and how is it different with Traditional Web App in Outsystems??

Hi,

Reactive web are single page applications, they communicate with generated REST calls to the server where as Traditional web uses and only fashion session state to communicate with the server.

Simply said traditional webi applications are the past, reactive web the future. Any new application should be made using reactive web, unless there are comparing reasons not to do so. All current and  future investments by OutSystems are done on reactive web not traditional web. It will be supported for some considerable amount of time probably. But if you now start building new traditional web applications you generate a lot of technical debt. To convert. Traditional web screen to reactive is NOT an automated process and time consuming.

Of course if your job is to be an OutSystems developer you will have to know how to develop traditional web applications s many are build and in us and are maintained and extended.

My advice is to invest in Reactive, not Traditional web applications.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Reactive web are single page applications, they communicate with generated REST calls to the server where as Traditional web uses and only fashion session state to communicate with the server.

Simply said traditional webi applications are the past, reactive web the future. Any new application should be made using reactive web, unless there are comparing reasons not to do so. All current and  future investments by OutSystems are done on reactive web not traditional web. It will be supported for some considerable amount of time probably. But if you now start building new traditional web applications you generate a lot of technical debt. To convert. Traditional web screen to reactive is NOT an automated process and time consuming.

Of course if your job is to be an OutSystems developer you will have to know how to develop traditional web applications s many are build and in us and are maintained and extended.

My advice is to invest in Reactive, not Traditional web applications.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your info :)

But I couldn't understand what is it about the characteristic of that State-of-the-art Framework in Reactive Web Application. 

It uses ReactJS the javascript framework developed by Facebook, compared to Microsoft ASP.Net Forms used in Traditional web.

React makes it painless to create interactive UIs. Design simple views for each state in your application, and React will efficiently update and render just the right components when your data changes.