[More Charts] License needed?

Forge Component
(12)
Published on 2018-10-02 by André Vieira
12 votes
Published on 2018-10-02 by André Vieira

Hi,

Is there any additional highcharts license needed since there are charts not included with the outsystems plataform?

Regards,

Artur Roussado

Hi Artur,

No you don't need to buy additional license. You just need to check the license that is being shipped by Outsystems using this command "Highcharts.version" in the DevTools Console.

For example in my personal the version is 6.1.4 which is the version to which the last version of this component was update to.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, 

My point is that this component  uses additional highchart includes that doesn't ships with outsystems. 

For me is a bit weird that it needs it. So if it is included with outsystems license why don't they ship the complete highchart framework? Even if is highcharts version 6 instead of the latest, version 8. 

Just making sure I don't commit to this chart solution and then I have a license problem. 

Regards, 

Artur

Hi Artur,

You can opt for different charts solutions available to write and publish your own Json, CSS & JS as done on highcharts.

Have a look at the below component.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/196/highchartscomponent 

Use JSFiddle to alter the charts properties as you like.

Hope this helps

Regards

Solution

Hi Artur,

As long the component uses the same version Outsystems ships you will not have any problem.

@Vaibhav  plz don't recommend components that are deprecated. That component uses a completely different version than the one shipped by Outsystems

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution