Text to Text List
Question

How to convert text data type to "Text List " data type or is there any way to hardcode the value for "Text List" data type ?

just double click on the datatype and you'll see the following popup:

Next, click on 'Text' and enter 'list' and press Enter. your parameter is now a Text List.

You can realize it in a structure as well

Hans Dollen wrote:

just double click on the datatype and you'll see the following popup:

Next, click on 'Text' and enter 'list' and press Enter. your parameter is now a Text List.

You can realize it in a structure as well

How I can provide the input for this data type ? 

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to do so:

1. Click into the dropdown of data type then select list as shown in snapshot below

2.Now select the text from the option and click on "Ok" as shown in snapshot below

3. your variable will now be a "Text List" variable

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Vipasha

mvp_badge
MVP

Prashant Jha wrote:

How I can provide the input for this data type ?  

Hi Prashant,

You can create variable (Input, Local or Output type) of either List of basic Text type or List of Text Structure type

Steps to follow

1) Text Variable of --> List of Basic Text type

- Create a normal Text type variable

- Click the Text link and you will get one more Data Type popup listed with all the possible data type, from which you will have to search for List data type and select the same..

2) Text Variable of --> List of Text Structure type

- Create a variable of Text structure type

- Click the Text Structure Link and you will get one more Data Type popup listed with all the possible data type, from which you will have to search for List data type and select the same..

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Since Prashant Jha mentioned hardcoding the value of a Text List, it seems to me that the question is not about setting a Data Type but rather about setting values of a Text List. To go from text to a list of text items, the text input would need to be coded somehow, possibly CSV or JSON. If encoded as a CSV, one can create a Client/Server Action which takes a text input and outputs a Text List. The action would need an adhoc loop with a ListAppend in it. Unfortunately, this ListAppend disqualifies the action from being a function. But, it is possible and relatively simple to make a CSV to Text List action.

Hello, Prashant.

I believe...

You would need Screen, Client, or Server Action and one local or output text list parameter to perform it.

You also would need to allow (System) - ListAppend (either Client or Server Action) to be used in manage dependencies at your App.

With a single ListAppend Action, you are allowed to add a variable to the List.

Action: ListAppend

List(input): list text parameter

Element(input): your text here

Now, you can use the text in the text list.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Brian

Hi Prashant,

You can map list/record data type to any variable, Create an variable (Input, Local or Output type) 

1. Select datatype as Text 

2. Double click on datatype in the property box.

3. You will be presented with a popup

4. Click on text in the popup & you will be presented with another popup.

5. Scroll down you will find list option, select that & hit Okay button

6. Your local variable datatype will be changed to list now.

Regards

Ajay A

Hey Prashant,

Follow Vipasha's solution to make it.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.