Views
Comments
Solved
[Adding Digital Signature To PDF] How to remove the line on e-signature image?
Question
Forge component by Srinivas Singadi
Published on 13 Nov 2019

Regarding Adding Digital Signature To PDF, how can we remove the line when adding the signature in PDF file? See attached image.

Solution

Hi Edwin,

This line is been drawn in the javascript library that is used within this component (jSignature). I did take a look at the source code of the library and see that the line is drawn there. You can take a look here.

You can try cloning the module and then fork the github repository. That way you have your own version of the code available and you can remove the line from the code.

Hope this helps you a little and good luck.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Edwin,

I know nothing about this component, but is that line already in the document? Because in that case, it would be difficult to remove.

Solution

Hi Edwin,

This line is been drawn in the javascript library that is used within this component (jSignature). I did take a look at the source code of the library and see that the line is drawn there. You can take a look here.

You can try cloning the module and then fork the github repository. That way you have your own version of the code available and you can remove the line from the code.

Hope this helps you a little and good luck.

mvp_badge
MVP

The colour/style of the line is determined by "settings['decor-color']" - perhaps that's something you could set to white before placing the signature? Anyway, I find it odd the line itself isn't configurable...

Thank you for all your replies. It just doesn't make sense including the line on the signature image. I will check it out how to avoid including it.

It is resolved by adding this text as the input Settings on jSignature web block

"{'background-color': 'transparent',
'decor-color': 'transparent',}"

Thanks again Kilian and Bart

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks for the feedback!