Views
Comments
[SimpleViewer] How to remove or hide Button as print, download and etc.
Question
Forge component by Caio Santana Magalhães
Published on 04 Aug 2019

Hello Team, 

I am using this forge for pdf viewer, all is working fine, But I want remove and hide print, download, save button. Please provide solution, how to button hide?

Thanks,

Anuj

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Try adding the following cSS in the CSS editor of the screen in which you incorporate the viewer block.

#toolbar {

display: none;

}

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Anuj,

Could you please give it a try by defining the below mentioned CSS in the respective Screen Style Sheet section 

#buttons {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Anuj,

I was not able find any proper solution for the mentioned use-case, below are some of my findings..

- By adding #toolbar=0 at the end of the Pdf file src url as shown below will help you to get rid of toolbar option 

src="view/1.pdf?page=hsn#toolbar=0"

Limitation:

- Such implementation is only working in Chrome and Safari Browser

- End user with technical understanding can easily edit and set the toolbar value from 0 to 1 using the browser inspect element functionality

----------------------------------------------------------

- I guess the attached screen clip in the main post is from Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer/Firefox browser

- On analyzing the rendering of the Pdf preview section in the Microsoft Edge browser, seems to be quite different than the Chrome browser rendering

- Such Pdf viewer toolbox options are browser specific and I don't think it can be easily modified as per the requirement

- Previewing/loading the Pdf in the client side (i.e. in the Browser) itself allow the end-user to access the Pdf file

- Using the protected pdf with a secret key is also an option but it will also restrict from displaying the pdf content

Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Anuj,

I think Benjith, is right about about apending #toolbar=0 to the url. 

The PDFObjectJS documenation says there is no build in functionallity to customize the toolbar apart from the suggestion that Benith gave.

https://pdfobject.com/#examples

I suggest you clone the ViewFile webblock from SimpleViewer to your own module, and append the 

+ "#toolbar=0" 

to the FileURL property. I tested this and it works, the toolbar is no longer displayed.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Anuj,

As requested in the PM you sent me the adjusted SimpleViewer module.

I cloned it and made the adjustment, i made I already explained in my previous post, and attached te OML.

You can also just use this cloned module and change the references in your application from SimpleViewer to ClonOfSimpleViewer. Feel free to rename the module first.

Regards, 

Daniel

CloneOfSimpleViewer.oml