Sending mobile number and message into a database table.

Hi Community,

I managed to receive an SMS reply from User through OutSystems. Showing both Mobile number and message content in the log. Now I would like to send them to a table and store it there for other use. 

1) I created a table in my DB.

2) Added a SQL into my receiveSMS action where I will retrieve the details I need and store them into the DB.

Need help in understanding if I am doing it right and also what should I write in my SQL. 

Hi Alvin,

Since you are dealing with just one record, you don't need that. You can drag the CreateUserRespond action under the UserRespond entity, press the + signal:

and fill in the attributes:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

João Marques wrote:

Hi Alvin,

Since you are dealing with just one record, you don't need that. You can drag the CreateUserRespond action under the UserRespond entity, press the + signal:

and fill in the attributes:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Hi João,

I have a question. Right now my database is in another module. When I use manage dependencies, the "createUserRespond" is not shown..

Please help

Solution

Hi Alvin,

You can create an action on the eSpace you have the entity, that receives the message and phone number as inputs and executes the CreateUserRespond (just like on the screenshots before).

Then on your consumer, just need to get this dependency from the eSpace where the action is:

And then you drag this action (in my example Create_UserRespond) to your flow on the eSpace you want to execute this action.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Cheers,

João

Solution

João Marques wrote:

Hi Alvin,

You can create an action on the eSpace you have the entity, that receives the message and phone number as inputs and executes the CreateUserRespond (just like on the screenshots before).

Then on your consumer, just need to get this dependency from the eSpace where the action is:

And then you drag this action (in my example Create_UserRespond) to your flow on the eSpace you want to execute this action.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Cheers,

João

Thanks, it worked!