[Camera Plugin] Is there a size limit (kB) for photos taken with the Camera Plugin?

Forge Component
(40)
Published on 16 Apr by OutSystems R&D
40 votes
Published on 16 Apr by OutSystems R&D

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently working on a mobile app with a feature to take pictures (using the Outsystems' Camera Plugin), and one of the requirements is that the size of the pictures should be 150kB or less.

My question is: Do I need to use something to compress the image size or does Outsystems already ensure this (what I mean is: are all photos taken with the Camera Plugin under 150kB)? 

Hi, friend!

I really don't know if the plugin suports that feature. Maybe another dev can help you with that.

However, there is an action called BinaryDataSize, wich can be used server side to validate the picture size. If you don't find the exact solution, this can help.

Best regards

Lenon Manhães wrote:

Hi, friend!

I really don't know if the plugin suports that feature. Maybe another dev can help you with that.

However, there is an action called BinaryDataSize, wich can be used server side to validate the picture size. If you don't find the exact solution, this can help.

Best regards

Thanks Lenon, I'll look into that. 

But I really just wanted a validation regarding the average size of the pictures taken with this plugin.