Views
Comments
Solved
Excel To RecordList doesn't pick up first sheet
Question

I use an ExcelToRecordList to convert my excel data to a record list. As per the documentation here, it says it will pick up the first sheet in the excel if nothing specified for a sheet name.

However, this doesn't happen. It picks "Sheet 1", even if it is the second/third sheet in the workbook and throws me a "None of the column headers match with the record attributes. ".

I expect the component to read from the first sheet of the workbook irrespective of the name of the other sheets. Is there a way to make this happen?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Rohan Churi wrote:

Thankyou for replying Benjith,

How do I pass the selected worksheet to my ExcelToRecordList? It just accepts Binary data type.

Hi Rohan, 

You can use the Worksheet_GetName Server action, available in the same Advanced_Excel extension. The server action requires Worksheet (Object type) input parameter and it returns the WorksheetName (Text type) which you can further refer in the ExcelToRecordList  Sheet Name field.

PS: Mentioned action flow implementation will be similar to as shown below 

Hope this helps you!

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Rohan,

If that is the case, you can use/reference the Worksheet_Select server action available in the Advanced_Excel Forge Component extension - to get/fetch the WorkSheetIndex = 0 worksheet within a workbook containing multiple sheets.

Forge Component: Advanced Excel

Hope this helps you!

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Thank you Benjith,

This works fine. But we need a documentation update that there's a bug in Excel To Record List.