Add meta tags in <head>

Add meta tags in <head>

Hi everyone!

So... since the Internet Explorer 9 issue is solved, I'm trying to create a JumpList and defining the pinning configurations. But to do so I need to insert meta tags into the <head>. Is there any way to do it?

Hi Miguel,

Yes, you could use HTTPRequestHandler.AddPostProcessingFilter("<\/title>","<\/title><meta.../>") in the preparation of your web screen.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Thanks! I forgot to check the references to look for methods to do it... My bad..
But I found the "AddMetaTag" action... shouldn't this do what I want?

Hi Miguel,

Yes you are right, that's even better.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

If we use the AddPostProcessingFilter action of HTTPRequestHandler extension the parameters in this case would be matchingRegexp = "</title>" and replacement = "</title><meta.../>"?

Kind Regards,
Guilherme Jesus
Hi Guilherme,

As Miguel pointed out the AddMetaTag action is more adequate.
Regarding AddPostProcessingFilter I'm not sure, but I believe you need to escape the / in the </title>, making it matchingRegexp ="<\/title>".
Try it out and let me know what you find.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Tiago,
Before i make this changes, do you know if this action is valid for adding robots metaname in header for spiders don't follow/index my pages?

Kind Regards,
Guilherme Jesus

Hi Guilherme,

So far I've only used robots.txt for that, but it looks like you are right, you can also do that with meta tags.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Tiago Simões wrote:
Hi Guilherme,

As Miguel pointed out the AddMetaTag action is more adequate.
Regarding AddPostProcessingFilter I'm not sure, but I believe you need to escape the / in the </title>, making it matchingRegexp ="<\/title>".
Try it out and let me know what you find.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

If I want to add a default text behind the current page title, how should I do that
Like the title is "<title>Item</title>" and I want to change it into "<title>item | COOLProfs</title>"

Hi Joop,

You should be able to replace "<\/title>" with "| COOLProfs</title>".
Did you try that?

Regards,
João Rosado

Joop Stringer wrote:

If I want to add a default text behind the current page title, how should I do that
Like the title is "<title>Item</title>" and I want to change it into "<title>item | COOLProfs</title>"

Hi Joop,

for your case, can't you use the SetPageTitle action from HttpRequestHandler?

this action has a string input parameter, so you just need to build the string you want, and it will be added as the page title.

let us know if this is what you're looking for!

Cheers,
Miguel
Miguel Antunes wrote:

Hi Joop,

for your case, can't you use the SetPageTitle action from HttpRequestHandler?

this action has a string input parameter, so you just need to build the string you want, and it will be added as the page title.

let us know if this is what you're looking for!

Cheers,
Miguel

Would be nice, if there was a "getPageName" as well ...
I want to use the title-property of the webscreen and add something to it.
João Rosado wrote:
Hi Joop,

You should be able to replace "<\/title>" with "| COOLProfs</title>".
Did you try that?

Regards,
João Rosado

Have to check !
Thanks, life can be so easy sometimes !
Works Perfectomundo !!!!