Views
Comments
Solved
Screen input parameter values disappear
Question

In our (reactive) application we use links in emails to allow the user to find a specific page:

https://www.example.com/Page?ClientId=1234&RequestId=5678

However, when you navigate to the link, the parameter values are removed and the page is loaded with those empty values. This also happens when I copy the URL from one tab to another tab.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Solution

Remco Snijders wrote:

Since it's a reactive application, I can only debug the page events to try to see what happens. When copy/pasting the URL in a new tab, the breakpoints are not triggered.

I did however remove the Splash Screen of our application, and it seems like the problem disappeared. After adding the splash screen back in, the problem did not come back. Sounds a bit like the mystery of Yousef Shraim.

I will keep you posted!

The issue is indeed resolved by removing the Splash Screen. Sounds like a little bug.

Hello Remco ,

This issue happens to me before but in traditional web applications, I searched a lot eventually I just deleted the screen and made it again it's works!

regards,

Yousef

Hi!

Are this pages authorized to "anonymous" role? 

If not and the Login screen is not prepared to redirect to the correct page with the received parameters, that can happen when the user is not logged in. 

Regards

Graça

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Hi!

Are this pages authorized to "anonymous" role? 

If not and the Login screen is not prepared to redirect to the correct page with the received parameters, that can happen when the user is not logged in. 

Regards

Graça

Hi Graça,

Thanks for your comment. These pages are only accessible for a certain user role. However, the issue also happens when I copy/paste the URL from one tab to another. The session thus already exists. Could the login check then still break it?

Hi Remco,

Ideally its should not load with blank values can you check in code some thing is making it black.

Best Regards

Devendra

HI! 

I've been thinking about your problem, and  I do not have any idea of what can be causing the problem. 

If I  was in your position, I'll debug the code to see what is happening when you paste the URL with the parameters. Something is being done in the code to make it lose the parameters value and only the code itself can tell you what.

Regards

Graça

Yes i agree with Graça  as said earlier something is making it blank

Best Regards

Devendra

Since it's a reactive application, I can only debug the page events to try to see what happens. When copy/pasting the URL in a new tab, the breakpoints are not triggered.

I did however remove the Splash Screen of our application, and it seems like the problem disappeared. After adding the splash screen back in, the problem did not come back. Sounds a bit like the mystery of Yousef Shraim.

I will keep you posted!

Solution

Remco Snijders wrote:

I will keep you posted!

The issue is indeed resolved by removing the Splash Screen. Sounds like a little bug.