Views
Comments
Solved
how to link Screen of others moudle in UI module (Spliting Multiple Modules)Reactive

Hi everyone,

I am  learning best practice concept, i have tried to split my application into 3 modules working on Reactive app

1- UI module where  i have login and commoan flow

2- Second and third Module i have created screen based on roles

Now i wanted to link both module's screen in UI module without taking the reference of modules

how i can achive this and link menu to other module 'screen

Please suggets the solution for this.

Champion
Solution

Priya Raj wrote:

Amit Verma wrote:

Hi Priya Raj ,

We have two options to choose to achieve this

1. Do exactly what you suggested: set the screens as public, add reference to them and build your menu using those references

2. Build your menu using an External URL, and hardcode the URL of your screens in the menu.

Second option does not require to add references, and was actually a best-practice to keep your menu module small. Since OutSystems 11, screen dependencies do not increase the size of your module that much, and there's no downsides to using them as far as I know.

Please refer snap shot :

Hope this will help you :)

- AV

Thanks

HI Amit,

Thanks for the detail description really Appricated!

i tried same but while clickng on menu it says page doesnt exist

Screen not found: /Booking_UI/Booking_UI3/Screen1 

i have attached the OML - 

i have created 3 screen in each module  and linked with extrenal url  and gave hardcode value "Booking_UI3/Screen1"

"Booking_UI2/Screen1"

but its not working also can you suggest how i can pass the parameter in extrenalURL 

Hi Priya,

Please refer snap shot :

If you are using Tradition Web then URL is "/StaticEntityComboBox/Screen1.aspx"

Reactive Web URL is "/StaticEntityComboBox/Screen1"

Note : "StaticEntityComboBox" This is my Module where I create Screen1 but in your case please use your Module Name.

- AV

Thanks 

Hi,

You should suppose to use the dependency from consumer to producer.

Please refer the below reference:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Expose_and_Reuse_Functionality_Between_Modules

Champion

Hi Priya Raj ,

We have two options to choose to achieve this

1. Do exactly what you suggested: set the screens as public, add reference to them and build your menu using those references

2. Build your menu using an External URL, and hardcode the URL of your screens in the menu.

Second option does not require to add references, and was actually a best-practice to keep your menu module small. Since OutSystems 11, screen dependencies do not increase the size of your module that much, and there's no downsides to using them as far as I know.

Please refer snap shot :

- AV

Thanks

Hi Priya,

Could you plz upload OAP file which will contain your all dependent module so that I can look into it.

You have to download it from module creation page.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Please find the Oap 

BookingUI1.oap

I guess you got the solution so not looking into OAP, if still having issue, you can post here, we will guide you.

Good to know you figured out to get OAP file! 

An OML contain markup of only current module but an OAP file contain markup from all the modules of the app, so in this way you can send your complete app code.