Views
Comments
Set Container Id Property dynamically
Question

Hello,

I want to set the ID of my container  dynamically which is placed inside list like (id_1, id_2, id_3) cause I need to get these ids in my javascript but I did not find any way in outsystems to achieve this.

Can anyone help ?

Hi Neeraj,

May I propose a different approach?

If you assign a given class to the element inside the list, let's say class RowClass, you can then get the elements on Javascript by using document.getElementsByClassName("RowClass")[N] where N is the 0-based row number of the element.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

João Marques wrote:

Hi Neeraj,

May I propose a different approach?

If you assign a given class to the element inside the list, let's say class RowClass, you can then get the elements on Javascript by using document.getElementsByClassName("RowClass")[N] where N is the 0-based row number of the element.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Hello

I understood but how I will get the [N] in my javascript, I don't have any button to call the javascript. I need to get these ids on my preparation call

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Neeraj,

You can pass the container Id value which is a runtime property, could you please let us know what exactly you are trying to implement/achieve?

Is it a RWA or Traditional application?

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Neeraj,

please refer this forum https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21320/how-to-set-dynamically-id-of-container/

you can add custom ID attribute in extended property of container. and instead of finding element by ID in javascript find the element by custom ID attribute

Best Regards

Devendra