Views
Comments
Solved
Prevent user creation after SAML authentication
Question

Hi,

I am implementing SAML2.0 based authentication in my traditional web application. Its working fine. My question is like after authentication it creates user automatically in Users of OutSystems if user don't exist already. 

Is there any way by which we can stop this new user creation if it don't exist already. Or we need to write some logic to delete that recently created user.

Please help to confirm.

Regards

Solution

Hello Vikas Sharma, 

If you are using IDP forge component to configure your SAML authentication, you have an option to control that, Please see the flag Automatic User Provision on the screenshot which controls that. 

If you're using Environment level Outsystems user configuration for SAML2.0, I dont think you have an option to control that. 

Hope this helps. 

Solution

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for update. So there is any way by which we can stop new user creation if don't exists already, using OutSystesms default approach. Or I need to use IdP for that. Kindly confirm.

Regards

Hi Vikas,

You can do it delete or inactive by your logic, but if you delete user then you will have to problem after login becasue many place and things handle by User entity.

But this in application User entity use many places for capture user details like user id,User name etc.

And session/site property also haldle by it.

Regards

Rahul

Solution

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for update. So there is any way by which we can stop new user creation if don't exists already, using OutSystesms default approach. Or I need to use IdP for that. Kindly confirm.

Regards

Hi Babu,

Thanks for update. Although I discovered this option already . :) But in this new UI how I can mark your answer as solution. ??

Regards

Solution

Hello Vikas Sharma, 

If you are using IDP forge component to configure your SAML authentication, you have an option to control that, Please see the flag Automatic User Provision on the screenshot which controls that. 

If you're using Environment level Outsystems user configuration for SAML2.0, I dont think you have an option to control that. 

Hope this helps.