Views
Comments
Solved
Button triggers for all when inside a list
Question

Good Day Community,

I currently have an issue in using list on Mobile Development. In my scenario I have a List with a button. However when I click on a single button it activates for all part of the list. 

The objective is to display the text only for the specific content of the list. 

I am trying to recreate the scenario on a smaller scale oml as of now and will try to provide you as soon as possible if needed.

Any similar forum questions or approach are appreciated. Thank You

Solution

Hi Leonard,

You need to have a flag per record in the list.

You can do that very easily by adding a new attribute in your query:

Here I added a ShowDetails attribute with starts False (no details open).

Then I would link my button to an action to show Details, where I would pass the row number of the list:

And then on the list, I would just turn the ShowDetails attribute to True for that particular row.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

João Marques wrote:

Hi Leonard,

You need to have a flag per record in the list.

You can do that very easily by adding a new attribute in your query:

Here I added a ShowDetails attribute with starts False (no details open).

Then I would link my button to an action to show Details, where I would pass the row number of the list:

And then on the list, I would just turn the ShowDetails attribute to True for that particular row.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Good Day João,

Thank you for your knowledge and time. It worked perfectly. Now I know what to do. 

Regards,

Leonard 

Champion

Leonard James Pena wrote:

Good Day Community,

I currently have an issue in using list on Mobile Development. In my scenario I have a List with a button. However when I click on a single button it activates for all part of the list. 

The objective is to display the text only for the specific content of the list. 

I am trying to recreate the scenario on a smaller scale oml as of now and will try to provide you as soon as possible if needed.

Any similar forum questions or approach are appreciated. Thank You

Hi Leonard James Pena,

Please check below link.....this is your requirement right?

https://amit-verma331.outsystemscloud.com/ListInsideList/TestScreen?_ts=637389911552938138

- AV

Thanks

Hi! 

Showing the details from specific lines has to be controlled by a field from the list record, so you can change the field in the record where the button you are clicking is and not all the others. 

Hope my explanation is clear.

Graça  

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Leonardo,

In addition to João solution statement, I just created a sample app based on your requirement

Refer the attached .oml file

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

DemoAppListDemo.oml