[Ultimate PDF] Ultimate PDF: Performance and Timeout
Forge component by Leonardo Fernandes

Hello Team,

I am using PrintToPDFAdvanced server action of Ultimate PDF component.

I launch a timer which retrieves a list and loops through the list. In each element from the list, I generate a PDF.

Every PDF takes around 2-3 seconds to be generated.

However, there are times where UltimatePDF takes an infinite time to generate the PDF, which makes the timer reach timeout.

Is there any way to handle timeout from UltimatePDF or any reason why ultimatePDF takes infinite time to get the PDF generated?

For info, if I launch the timer again with the same list, the issue may arise at the second item in the list, at the 100th item in the list or at on any item.
This does not seem to be an issue with the URL or input parameters required by ultimatePDF.

I am using traditional web apps for development.

You can try to change the Server Request Timeout.

@Leonardo Fernandes May I ask why this Timeout-parameter is removed?

We're trying to generate a content-heavy PDF of about 100 pages, but all we get is:

"An error occurred while generating the pdf for <url>: The operation has timed out
at ssUltimatePDF.Actions.ActionPrintPDF_Proxy()
   at ssUltimatePDF.Actions.ActionPrintToPDF_Advanced()"

I hope increasing the standard timeout solves it.

Hi Yudish,

On the instances where it does timeout, is there any additional information from the service center logs that you could share? Thanks,

Regards,

AJ

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.