Views
Comments
Store values ??generated by expression in the GetProduct entity table
Question
How do I get a value generated by an expression stored in an entity table? In my application, on a product registration screen, among several entries related to product data such as thickness, width and length, there is an expression that calculates the volume, however, when checking the data, all values are stored in my entity GetProductById, except the values of the expression that calculates the volume of the product.
problemespressionvsentity.jpg

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Andre,

The expression widget displays text or the result of an expression at runtime. It's similar to the print command in other programming languages. 
In order to store the calculated value you need define variable and assign the calculated value in the  variable . You can also use this variable in expression to show the text .

Assign the variable on the specific attribute of the record that you are using to Create the record in dB and that’s it.

Reagrds,

-PJ-

Hi Andre ,

You have to use variable to calculate value and store that variable in database. you can pass that variable into expression to display value.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Hello Andre,

You have already got the suggestion to use a variable to store calculated expression value.

Just to add on that, As you already have Volume attribute, you don't need to create any additional variable, just assign the calculated value to the GetProductById.Volume . 

Eg:  Assign widget : GetProductById.Volume = YourExpression

Demo Snap :

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sanjay