Community Contest: Design your OutSystems T-shirt and win prizes

Community Contest: Design your OutSystems T-shirt and win prizes

Hi everyone!

I hope you’re all set for a great weekend, and that you’re able to enjoy the last days of sun using one of our t-shirts :)

As our store is new we wanted to reach out to the community and see what ideas you might have for a cool OutSystems T-shirt design.  Throughout this month of October, you all will have the opportunity to submit your design ideas for the next OutSystems t-shirt to go in the store.  In addition the winning design, and its creator will win:
  • Bragging rights of having their own designed t-shirt being sold in our store
  • 5 T-shirts of their choice
  • A bag full of Proud OutSystems Community member pins
  • Fame, fortune and health (*your mileage may vary on this one)
So, how does this work?

Well, it’s really simple. You just have to:

1.       Download the attached design template (if your design is two-sided, upload two images of the template, stating which is the front and which is the back-side)
2.       Edit it in your favorite program, and
3.       Upload the design as an attachment to the post, and
4.       Submit a resized version (width of 360px) as an embedded image in the post (one design per post, please)

The designs must obey the following guidelines and restrictions:
  • The designs must be edited only inside the rectangle (except for changing the t-shirt’s color);
  • You may design your image to appear on one or more of the standard t-shirt colors from the following color pallette:

• For all things that you’re going to write, use standard fonts, since the store provider doesn’t support many fonts. Actually, sticking to Arial is a safe bet.
The remaining contest rules are the following:
  • The contest runs from October 1st, 2010, to October 31st, 11:59PM. All entries must be submitted within this time-frame.
  • The winner will be picked by OutSystems. In the event that there are too many awesome designs to choose just one we reserve the right to  pick more than one winner.
  • Even though the winner will be picked by OutSystems, you can – and should – vote on your favorite entries in the forums, in order to exercise indirect pressure on the judges.
  • The rights for all submitted designs will be given to OutSystems. The fact that a design is submitted means that OutSystems can use it in the future, and make a t-shirt out of it even if it isn’t the winning design.  We hope they are all awesome and end up in the store!
  • The winners will be communicated through the Agile Network the week of November 3rd, and will be contacted directly by Outsystems in order to deliver the prizes and arrange for the t-shirt design to be added to the store.
Looking forward to all your great designs :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares
Just to take this spot, to be edited with extra notices as the contest goes on.

Cheers!

Paulo Tavares
Here's one, based on a well-know t-shirt design. Paulo, couldn't be done with Arial, sorry! ;)

geek...

Hi,
Here is one more idea.

Regards,
FMatos

Hi,
Here is another idea.

Regards,
FMatos

Hi,
Here is another idea.

Regards,
FMatos
Arial wouldn't cut it for this one either :)

FRONT

BACK

One more...
FRONT

BACK
This is my collection :)

a zoom of the graphic:

Hi everyone,

I'll share my ideias with you... and these are simply t-shirt versions of my wallpapers.

(I'm probably using images with copyright and I'll remove them if someone complains about it - I don't know who made those images :)

Pacman... evolved

PS: Hélio, I hadn't seen yours :|
Hello everyone!

It's been a crazy week, with over 20 t-shirt design submissions, and counting.

With so many participations, and with so much design quality and variety, I can tell you that it'll be a hard decision for the OutSystems jury to pick a winner. And with 20 days to go, I'm still eager to see what more everyone comes up with :)

I just resized in an image editor all the t-shirt designs so far, and attached the full-size images to the posts. This way the browser doesn't crawl while opening the full page, and for those who want to see the details can click on the attachment and open it separately.

I'm updating the first post with the following pointers, so that the page keeps scaling up as the more designs are posted :)

- Attach to the post the t-shirt design your submitting
- Embed in the post a resized design with a width of 360px

Thanks to everyone who's created and submitted their designs - as well as the ones who regularly drop by to post and see what's new - and keep those creative juices flowing!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Agile Beat

From Methodologies to Tools to Success...
Back 
Front 
Building on top of Rick's last idea ...

PS: Sorry for the typo on the product name! :)
OutSystems to the rescue of the old IT ways!

"Out is In"

"Out is In"
I had to join the fray!  Thanks to Patricia for making my idea come to life.  I hope you like and all are BORN to be AGILE!

"Terminating slow IT"

(front)

(back)

Here goes my first attempt of a t-shirt design:

M4tr1x t-shirt
"2001"

(front)

(back)

"Badass"

(front)

(back)

One ideia...for the front

For the back...

Another ideia...the front

The back...

"Breakthrough"

(front)

(back)

"Proud member"

(front)

front

back

Front

Here goes more 2 t-shirts, and the back:

Same one with white ring backgroundt-shirt back
A lousy t-shirt

(front)

(back)

Breakthrough
Clock

Would not let me show preview for either upload.
Wow!

There sure are some great creative minds in our community!

I want to remind you all that this is the last week that we will be accepting submissions, so if you still have that great idea you've been trying to put into a t-shirt, now is the time!

And also don't forget to vote in your favorites, so or jury can take it into account when deciding the winner :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi,

Based on Lord of the Rings in a minimalistic way...
FrontBack

Different times....

....Same reaction!

something subtle..

I really had to go "outside the box" :) The logo had to go to the sleeve.

Rise and Shine

OUT

Another subtle one... 
Core Business.

Couldn't choose between black and white.

Spend hours on this one :)
Added the orginial as attachment.

OS in the Future...

Your systems = outsystems

back
Meet Agie, the unofficial OutSystems mascot :)

back
And finally, because I feel what the world really needs is more shirts with me (in a suit!) and Tiago Simões on them...

back

If you want to know what that is all about... :)

...wow!

So many great t-shirts still showing up in these last days of the contest, I can only imagine the hard time the jury will have picking only one winner at the end of it :)

Keep them coming!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi everyone!

It's been a great month, and one to prove just how creative our community members are.

In this month alone we had over 70 t-shirt submissions, lots of people voting, and even long-time members who for the first time decided to post - and with a t-shirt, no less!

Thank you all for your creativity, for your hard work, and for all your support.

Our jury is now working hard on deciding on the outcome of the contest - you can see here the printouts they're working with for the decision.

We'll let you know soon! :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares
Hi everyone!

I know it's been two long days since we last updated on the contest, but the results are in!

I wanted to begin by thanking everyone for their enthusiastic response to helping us come up with new designs for our Logo Store!  The response was awesome and made our Marketing judges' job of selecting a winner very difficult!  

In the end our selection team used the following criteria as they looked at each submission:

1.    Number of community votes
2.    They could not include any designs with copyrighted images – there were some great ones though, and they did some exhaustive research on what could and could not be used!
3.    The design needed to promote OutSystems and/or the Agile Platform brands
4.    The message must be clear and aligned with our values

As such, after all have been taken into consideration, the winning design award goes to Tiago Simoes, for his "Agile Revolution" t-shirt.

Join us in congratulating Tiago for his effort! We will be working with him to get his shirt into the logo store. We will also use several of the other designs to create new shirts and pins, so keep checking the store for your favorite!

Thanks again for all your effort, hard work, creativity, and I hope you all had a great time!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
A little bit biased decission of the portugese jury ;-)
I'm Portuguese too and I didn't win - I demand a recount!! :D

PS - Congrats, Tiago - yours _really_ was one of the best! (though I'm not sure the political overtones will make it consensual lol)
Che?? I'm disappointed.
Not for the t-shirt itself, but I think you shouldn't link OutSystems name to a politic symbol. This can cause a big impact on your image (for the good for some and also for the bad for others). But it's my point of view, of course!
:D
Hi Carolina,

Well, I think that something needs to be cleared up here, from our end. Indeed, that t-shirt design was voted was the one with Che, because of the design promoting our brand (revolutionary platform), the "Join the Agile Revolution" messaging was aligned with our brand as well, and it was one of the most voted t-shirts here.

That being said, we share the same concerns that you - and others, both from the Community and from the company - have expressed regarding the association with Che's symbol, both politically and ideologically.

As such, we want to assure you that  we have that in mind, and that we are trying to meet somewhere in the middle here - probably a similar t-shirt, but not with Che's face :) Let's see how that all turns out, depending on our marketing team's design skills.

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope this comes as something you'll feel more comfortable with!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo!
Yes! Perfect, I was going to suggest it, to only change the face!
Because the revolution concept is really nice and perfect, but not the face. It's inevitable to link it to politics and you know that it's is a dangerous subject. ;)
:D
Good luck!!
And I'm happy now.
After receiving lots of emails, calls, skypes, etc I wanted to personally thank everyone for participating in the t-shirt design contest.  As you all know Tiago Simoes’ design was chosen by the judges as our overall winner.  What you don’t know is that we spent over two days investigating copyright issues, etc.   Finally we got legal to give us an opinion which stated that there were some potential issues but the risk was minimal so with a unanimous judge’s decision Tiago won.  However, like any project we got hit by the unexpected.  Our back office provider for the logo store rejected the design and would not accept the risk.  Like any good agile project we then immediately started working to overcome the challenge.

First we assessed the design.  We all agreed that the notion of ‘Joining the Agile Revolution’ was what inspired us to pick Tiago’s design and that the image of Che Guevara was symbolic of being willing to stand up for your cause.  Thus, we embarked on creating a substitute image trying not to sway too far from the original idea.  In doing so we found our own Che– Daniel Lourenço! Everyday Daniel handles requests we get through the website providing front line support for our Agile Revolution.  I hope you like our new image and continue to support the ‘cause’!

I was also asked about the other submissions and the runners up.  From the judges feedback we had three top choices.  Tiago’s followed closely by Patricia’s ‘Heart Beat’ and Andre’s ‘Rules Change Go Agile’ shirt designs.  Each of these designs have been added to the store as well as Tiagos.  So go check them out!

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated.  We are working on the next community ‘contest’ so stay tuned. 

Mike
A late entry, but a unique Idea that may become popular with the many I-Phone users.
I settle for royalties... LOL
Hi Dale, and thanks for the t-shirt design! Even though it's late, it's a very nice QR Code-themed t-shirt :)

Where does it lead to? I don't have an iPhone here to test it on, but I'm curious ;)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares