Application Pool disabled automatically

Application Pool disabled automatically

Hi!!!

Yesterday I've faced this issue, maybe someone had this before and can share the experience.... I'm investigating what could be the cause of it.

The application pool went off automatically and I see in event viewer the message:

"Application pool 'OutSystemsApplications' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool."

The warnings right before are like this one:

"A process serving application pool 'OutSystemsApplications' exceeded time limits during shut down. The process id was '21780'."

Any help will be much appreciated!
I think you should contact support for this issue.

If you do, export the eventlog to a file and attach that to the mail.
also look into the error-logs of Outsystems itself and export any possible relevant time-frame.

Was there an upgrade of IIS, Outsystems, Server or ...
did someone manually stop the services?
was there a crash/shutodnw of the server?

Hi.

I`m facing this problem in my production environment. Does anyone know what causes it?

Thanks.
Look at your event logs on the server to find out what errors are crashing the app pools. You must fix whatever the underlying issue is. The app pool being disabled is just a symptom of the problem.

J.Ja
Hi justin,

I already looked in the Event Viwer, and I can only find these events:

"A process serving application pool 'OutsystemsApplications' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '1568'. The data field contains the error number."

This error occurs every minute, and then this error shows up:

"Application pool 'OutSystemsApplications' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool."

Is there any way that i can find the detailed error? I'm a java developer... I never worked with IIS...
Hi Victor,

Check this topic on how to troubleshoot IIS crashes: http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/5706/faq-w3wp-crash/
It contains very helpful information and pointers that can help you.

Since it's not an easy task, If you don't manage to fix it you should contact OutSystems support for help.

Regards,
João Rosado

Victor -

Yeah, at that point, you are going to need to do some pretty intense debugging. First step is to make an app pool for each eSpace so you know what eSpace is causing the problem.

When we had this issue, I had to open a ticket wih Microsoft and it took them a few months to find out what the problem was.

Our problem was caused by making heavy use of the XMLRecords extension and XMLToJson stuff, with VERY large/deep data structures, which we were doing because we had our own HighCharts implementation. Removing that and switching to the OutSystems implementation that came in version 8 fixed our issue.

J.Ja
Hi folks,

I´ve got a similar symptom to the original post in this topic, but no mention of the fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. I appreciate your suggestions in another discussion topic, Application Pool shutdown due to IIS Protocol Adapter Availability (Technet ID 5138)

Thanks!