Views
Comments
Solved
Show value automatically in other field based on typedValued use Auto Complete
Question

Hi All,

I want to ask, how to show value in other field column automatically when we already type in  the one column? So, I use Table record. In there, there are contactPerson_name, contactPerson_Position, contactPerson_Email, contactPerson_Phone. When I type in the contactPerson name, the value that already store in the database, will show in list, and we can choose that. after that, the other information will automatically show the value. like if in ContactPerson table has jeffry information, when I type the name is Jeffry, then, in jeffry field, will show the list of jeffry name, and then when we choose jeffry, the field of contactPerson_position, contactPerson_Email, contactPerson_Phone will automatically filled with jeffry information. But, If in the contactPerson table don't have Jeffry information, we can input the information in that table, and that will store in database. But , we can re-use that information again in other company. 

In here, I have some problem:

1. why when I choose jeffry that show in that, the other information can't automatically filled?

2. when I already click button save, and then when I open again the company name, the information that I already filled in contact person table record is dissapear. But, the information has already save in database. 

Here I attach the OML. and you can see in the CompanyDetail screen. 

Thank You

Regards,

RKT

TestAutoComplete.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi riesta,

In addition with the previous post, I have created a sample app based on the mentioned scenario..

Please refer the attached .oml for better understanding :)

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

TWALab.oml

Hi RKT,

I did not get chance to run your code, but here are some of my findings.

1. On entering contact details, you invoke an action to fetch additional details and append to TableRecords List, but there is not code to refresh the container displaying those records, hence you don't see the details filled.

2. In preparation you are fetching the company contacts, but there is no usage of those aggregates in the code. This is the reason you don't see saved data on the screen on second load. Make the appropriate aggregate source of the TableRecords widget to see last saved data.

Hope this helps!

Junaid

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi riesta,

I have checked the attached .oml file and found a lot of implementation flaws.

Please refer the attached .oml files which includes required code changes with comments..

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam 

TestAutoComplete.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi riesta,

In addition with the previous post, I have created a sample app based on the mentioned scenario..

Please refer the attached .oml for better understanding :)

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

TWALab.oml