The Detach Process for .NET - test failed.

The Detach Process for .NET - test failed.

Question about "the detach process for .NET"

I have unsuccessfully tested this feature, every time I have tried to test the detach process for .NET, it does not work.

When I followed the technical document The Detach Process for .NET.pdf
the document says to download the source code, then open the source code in visual studio, but every time I try to do this, not all projects load.

For example my application is called "BusinessDirectory", I would login to service center, download the source code for "BusinessDirectory" I then unzip the package and open the solution file, via visual studio.

All projects^ would load expect for the main project "BusinessDirectory" project (which is my application) would NOT load. This same problem happens all the time, with all eSpace application that i have tried to test detach process for .NET.

Am I missing something here? 

^All projects include the following 6 projects 
Hi Robert,

From your description, I suppose something might be specifically not working in the  download source operation on your specific project.

I suggest you contact our technical support at with the details of your problem (including your solution file) so that they can troubleshoot the situation.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
Hello Daniel

Thanks, the email has been sent to

By the way, if the main application is using richwidget, enterprisemanager, etc does that mean the main packaged source code download file will also include these applications or do they need to be deployed separately? (I assume it has to be deployed 
separately, because I dont see a folder with richwidget, enterprisemanager etc)
Hi Robert,

Did you have the BusinessDirectory published locally? If so, Visual Studio cannot open a different project on an IIS virtual directory that already exists.
could that be the cause?
hello Gonçalo

outsystems platform is running on a developer server, which is separate from the development machine.

If you try downloading the source and opening in in visual studio does the complete solution load up for you?

Hi Robert,

I tested it on my machine with a random espace and it worked. Loaded and compiled...
Hopefully you can tackle that with OS support...

Hello Gonçalo

Thanks for testing this for me,

Ok a few questions
1) What version of windows and visual studio are you running?

2) Is visual studio running on the same machine as the outsystems platform?
3) Did you take extra steps to have all projects load up correctly in visual studio? 

(Still not working, Have tried to open the source code on the same machine where outsystems is installed, still no luck).

Note: I deleted the eSpace application via ServiceCenter and also deleted the eSpace virtual directory before attempting to open the solution in visual studio, (visual studio express 2010 failed in this test).
What version of Visual Studio express are you using? Please note that the Visual C# Express version does not support web applications, only the Visual Web Developer Express. Also, the generated Visual Studio solution is for the 2008 version, and the 2010 versions are known for having a few problems upgrading 2008 solution files.
Please try again with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
1) XP SP3, VS 2008 Professional (C# and Visual Web developer). The project is a web application project and is set to run in ASP.NET development server, not IIS.
2) Visual Studio is running locally, so is the platform. But I've also tested with a project hosted in a different server and in version 5.0 and works as expected. 
3) Nothing extra done in Visual Studio....
Hello Gonçalo,  Gustavo

Thanks for the useful information.

I tested it on another workstation and It works, tested in Visual Studio 2008 (Professional Edition) with the latest agile platform installed
Visual Studio 2008 loads all 7 projects.
However new problem, when running in debug mode there is an application error
Line 20:     <sessionState cookieless="false" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true"  mode="Custom" customProvider="OutSystemsSessionProvider">
Line 21:       <providers>
Line 22:         <add name="OutSystemsSessionProvider" type="OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore" />
Line 23:       </providers>
Line 24:     </sessionState>

Hi Robert

As I explained in this post, there is a problem with that module, which I am following-up internally. I will update the status on the other thread.

Hi everyone

An improved version of the Detach Technote is now available. It address deployment of eSpaces in brand-new non-OutSystems servers, and some of the items that were previously discussed in this thread.

Note that it requires use of Platform Server, because of the problem I mentioned in my latest post.
You can find the technote at