[HTML 2 Image Web] How to use? Download Web Block to Image?
html-2-image-web
Forge component by Prasad Rao
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi,

I want to download a web block as an image. To do so I searched the forge and found this component 'HTML 2 Image Web '. 

Tried to understand how it works but could not figure it out. Can someone help me? Or the owner of this component add documentation or demo to the component?

If you have any different approach on how to download a web block to an image please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Clarisse

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Clarisse,

Hope you're doing well.

I was checking this component and it seems to do exactly what you pretend :)

Also, the component has a Demo already, maybe you missed it. So I'm attaching OAP file for the demo in this post or you can simply download it from the component itself :)

Anyways, I installed it in my Personal Area if you want to check it out: https://rbarradas.outsystemscloud.com/HTML2ImageWebDemo/Entry.aspx

In the demo, you can also see the instrutions:

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

HTML.2.Image.WebDemo1.0.0O11.oap

Hi Rui,

Thank you for your help!

I clearly missed the Demo. When I installed the component I thought I selected to also download the demo, apparently not. I was finding it odd saying that it had a demo but could not find it... Thank you once again!

I followed the steps and tried to download but in the end it gives me an empty file (0 bytes size). I tried your personal area and the download shows up the same (0 bytes).

Is this also happening to you?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello again Clarisse,

No need to thank me :)

I did try to download the file multiple times and it results in a 67KB file for me:

Even if I try to open it, I don't see any problems. I'm just trying to do it using my Personal Area.

Can you replicate that behavior?

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Morning Rui,

Yesterday I tried and it always downloaded empty. Today I tried again and sometimes it downloads empty sometimes it downloads the image... See attached gif with behaviour. In the gi I am using the link from your personal area (https://rbarradas.outsystemscloud.com/HTML2ImageWebDemo/Entry.aspx ) I also tried in my personal area and the behaviour is the same. 

This has never happened to you?

DownloadImageOS.gif

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Clarisse,

So when the download becomes a file with 0 bytes, it gives you an error saying that you cannot open the file, is that it?

Let me try and see if it happens to me as well.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi,

I was able to reproduce it and changed the demo app a little, this should make it less likely to cause the 0kb file. Can you please check the latest demo app https://prasadrao.outsystemscloud.com/HTML2ImageWebDemo

Regards.

Thank you Prasad!

Can you tell me what you changed? So I can apply in my app? :)

Best regards,

Clarisse

I changed three things and I think what made the deference is the ajax refresh of download button I put before the widget click.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.