Views
Comments
Solved
[Vonage APIs Web] how to successfully create a session in the the Vonage API Web demo?
Forge component by Parma Bhagwandin
Published on 15 Sep 2020
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello!

Please, How can I fix this problem to see the Vonage API Web demo? 

Unable to create a session, because the Site Properties are not yet configured.

Best Regards,

Jessica Marques. 

Solution

Hi Jessica,

You need to set the site properties to make it work.

You can do so via Service Center, accessing the module details page and the tab Site Properties, like on the image below:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
João

Hello João, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I am a little confused, for example, this is a demo and I need to insert some data?  

If I need, Where I´m found the data to setting this site properties?

And in this case, I need to set the Module VonageWebDemo?

This image is from the Service Center from Module VonageWebDemo:

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Hi Jessica,

This component allows the usage of Vonage Services called via APIs. Below you can see the definition of these webservices to be consumed on Service Studio:

In order to use these services, you will need Vonage credentials (under the form of an API key and a secret) so the service provider can identify who is using these services and (probably) bill according to your use as a client.

That is why you need to provide those site properties in order to make it work, even if it is a demo.

This is a very common pattern which you can find in services like Google Maps as well.

To get these values, you will likely want to create a Vonage account and see which kind of plans it serves best your intentions (they have a free trial), but you can read more on their website. On the screenshot below of the Vonage website, you can see the Get an API Key on the right top corner to request one:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
João

Hi João, 

Thanks for the explanation, I had understood that I would need APIKey when creating an application. But now you've made it quite clear. Finally this demo Works! Thank you very much again. 

Kind Regards,

Jessica Marques. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Jessica,

You need to register for Vonage Video API here: https://tokbox.com/account/user/signup

After register and login, you should create a project and copy the API and Secret to module VonageWebDemo.

Please see prints below

BR,

Luis

Hello Luis Cardoso, 

Thanks for the guidance and the illustration. Now it Works!

Kind Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Just for the record, there is also another way to find the APIKey and SecretKey of the VIDEO API (which I learned right now).

In the account of the site https://tokbox.com/, just go to "Account Settings" and at the bottom of the screen click on "View account Keys" and voilà!

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques.