Google Cloud Vision API integration to make an OCR app for Mobile
Question

Hi all,

I want to make an OCR app for Mobile. My use case is to apply OCR on retail/ product box and extract price, name, desc. etc. and after that submit it to ECommerce app front. I want to use Google cloud vision API to make this app.

My query is, how can I integrate this API on my application?

I have found an app named "GoogleCloudVisionOCR" on Forge but couldn't trace how the API key will be applied.

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Tanjin,

The Google Cloud Vision OCR component contains also a demo application which you can review. 

As you can see each action from the GoogleCloudVisionOCR extension has a GoogleAPIKey input parameter in which you can pass the value for the API key.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Tanjin

I would suggest to use the support page of the component itself to get the answers from the maintainers/followers of the modue.

Regards,

Swatantra

To make use of the APIs directly in the application, check out how you can Consume one or more REST API Methods in Service Studio.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Tanjin,

The Google Cloud Vision OCR component contains also a demo application which you can review. 

As you can see each action from the GoogleCloudVisionOCR extension has a GoogleAPIKey input parameter in which you can pass the value for the API key.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.