Views
Comments
Max IndexedDB size for PWA local entities
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Hi,

We are experiencing some issues with the new local storage used by PWA after a platform update (WebSQL -> IndexedDB). We have found that the app throws an 'empty' error (i.e. no error message in the error) when the total size of a local entity becomes greater than 100 MB. After this anytime you try to read/write to a local entity it gives the same error and you cannot proceed in the app.

Is this a known limitation of local entities? Has anyone come across this issue before?

All of the articles I have come across indicate the limits of IndexedDB or browser storage in general has a much higher limit depending on the device (eg. 4% of total HDD storage)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Heinri

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Heinri,

Local storage quota depend on the storage types, mobile OS and browser (for more info https://web.dev/storage-for-the-web)

That said, I will see if I can get an answer from OutSystems if there are additional limitations for local entities.

Regards,

Daniel

Staff

Hi,

As Daniël said, Local Storage quota is managed by the browser where the application is running, and different browsers and versions may have different behaviors. 

There should be no limitation from the implementation point of view. Please do open a Support Case so we can take a closer look and help you overcome this.

Thanks,

Ricardo