Views
Comments
Screen vs Web Block. Screen optimization

I'm looking for a way to optimize screen's amount in a application. 

Is it a good method to replace Screens for Web Blocks?

Champion

Hi,

You need to evaluate the reusability and abstraction of the content. Many times, if it's something that is used in more than one screen, make sense to create a web block with that content and reuse it. With that, you are abstracting the business logic and code used to produce it.

Take careful with the architecture in that. Make sense to create a new module (a *_CW module) where you put your web blocks, and evaluate if you need more than one of those modules (divided by business concept, to avoid dependencies that are not related).

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Dear Ricardo,

Thank you so much. I undestand that the main purpose of a web block is the reusability. But I'm still looking for a way to optimize my screens, it is because I want to minimize my application cost, since outsystems charges for amout of screens. Do you have any idea for this?

Bruno Aguilar.

Champion

Hi,

In that case, you need to calculate your trade off, because what you want to obtain can "destroy" a good architecture, put in cause a god performance and you can find, in the future, scalability problems.

But a quick note, Outsystems is changing the Licenses model and the new models are not based in AO (Application objects), so, in a near future, that maybe will not be a problem to you.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Hi!,

Thank you so much again! That's what I thought! I don't want to make a deficient architecture and lost scalability. But those are really good news. I didn't know about it( New OutSystems Licenses), So thanks!

Bruno Aguilar Burgos.

Champion

You're welcome!

Let's wait and see if someone has more content for you!

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira